Chapter 3

The family was decorating Emily's room. The bedsheets were being changed, cobwebs of the old room were being cleaned. Harry stood on a stool, fixing the fairy lights on the wall. Louis was setting up the study table for Emily. Emily, on the other hand, was trying to fold her clothes.

"Dad!!" she whined.
"What honey?" Louis asked.
"How do we do this?" Harry laughed at the struggling girl. After he completed his work with the fairy lights, he moved on to help Emily. He step by step taught her how to fold her clothes, while she followed his instructions with utmost concentration.

"Dad!!! Look Papa taught me how to fold clothes" she said carefully holding the frock that she had folded roughly.
"Very pretty Em" he said smiling at his daughter.

"What else are we doing today?' She asked.
"Umm. First breakfast then We are going to get you into a school." Said Louis
"Then lunch and then we come back home" said Harry.
"Lot to do today! I'll be so tried" she said letting out a breath.
"Dramatic as you" said Louis pointing towards Harry.

They soon got ready for the day. Harry, as he got ready first, went to help Emily im getting ready. He walked in to see her struggling with her hair. He laughed at the girl and called her to him. She sat on the floor as he started to braid her hair. When both the side were done, he put little ribbons at the end. She smiled at him and went to looks at herself in the mirror.

"Wow!!! Cool"
"You like it?"
"I LOVE it papa" she said hugging him.
"Come on, lets go. Your dad will be waiting in the car for us." He held her hands and they walked outside to the black car, in which Louis was waiting for them.

Harry, first, buckled Emily into her seat before getting into the passenger seat and giving Louis a small kiss. They smiled at each other before Louis started driving.

Emily looked out the window curiously. She had seen London before on a tourist bus but this felt different. She had a family. Her dads kept popping questions to get to know her better and she replied to them enthusiastically while asking her own questions too. Her papa kept making horrible joke while her dad kept rolling his eyes at his boyfriend. She laughed at her parents as if she had known them for years. Everything felt so foreign yet comfortable to the 9 year old.

To Louis and Harry, who had only become parents yesterday, this felt new. This felt nice. They had responsibilities now, and their life was not only theirs now. It had also become Emily's. They were not late to notice the happy aura that the little girl brought with her. Even though they were worried about the management, it didn't matter to them if the management found out. They would be happy if they did because maybe then they would be free of this hell hole. They absolutely adored the other boys, but it was getting too much for them. Not only because they didn't get to be themselves but also because they were being over worked and over burdened.

"I'll get the food" said Harry as they stopped in front of a small cafe.
"Dad?"
"Yes sweetie?" Asked Louis as he turned around to face his daughter.
"Why did you adopt me?" She asked looking into his blue eyes with her brown-green ones.
"What do you mean?"
"Everyone adopts very little babies. I'm so big. Also, I have two different coloured eyes. Why?"
"Who said you were big? I could tackle you right now, young lady" he said in attempt to make her laugh. "And how does it matter if you have two different colored eyes? To be honest, you were the one thay stood out the most cause you looked so beautiful." He said with all his heart and it was in fact true
"Really?"
"Yes honey. Really"

Just then Harry came back with their breakfast and handed out their specific orders. They sat in the car eating, so that no one would recognize them. They had a mini food fight about which neither of the three were happy because it was ultimately them who had to clean the car.