Chapter 30

There she was with another woman.

They seemed to be having a heated argument. Daisy's expressions were distressed and she seemed to be pushing the woman away.

Emily aprroached them, hiding in the crowd. Her head was telling her to get away from Daisy and that she should head back to her hotel rather than getting hurt more but her heart wanted to know the truth.

"NO CAROL! I LOVE HER. And I lied to her. Not once but so many times. Even today....... she was there asking me all these questions and I said..... I said 'once'" said Daisy.

"Boy it was more than once" said Carol with and arrogant voice.

Emily took a deep breath.

"Shut up! Why did you bring me home last night when I told you it was over between us?" Daisy growled.

"Sweetie its never over between us. You will always come back to me because I have what your ex doesn't"

"PLEASE!! Shut up. Shut up. Shut up."

"Can she make you scream like I do?" Said Carol taking a step towards her.

"I said shut up"

"Is she kinky? Does she even satisfy you?"

"I-"

"She doesn't even know what you like"

"FINE! You win. Yes she doesn't. She nothing like you in bed but the truth is that I love her. You don't know her. She has done so much for me. I can't- I can't just let her go. I need to find her"

"Why?"

"Because- because she completes me. With you it was just sex but with Emily its everything. We have fun, she takes care of me, she is perfect. A relationship is not just about sex and honestly I've never even told her what I like or what I don't. She- she is so perfect that- I can't imagine my life without her. She is my everything"

"Then why are you here with me?" Carol asked.

"I wanted to know that you won't bother me again"

"I won't Daisy but just rewind a bit. Instead of chasing Emily, you came to me. You came to me to cry. You didn't even call her once. HELL YOU HAD SEX WITH ME WHEN IT WAS THE BLOODY REASON WHY EMILY BROKE UP WITH YOU. Who are you kidding Daisy."

She was right. Carol was right. Daisy was nothing but a liar and a cheat. Emily knew if she wouldn't say anything then she would die of the pile that was building up inside her.

She walked towards the two and stood there speaking nothing amd just looking at Daisy with a hurtful expression.

"Carol's right you know" Emily finally spoke. She took a deep breath before going futher. "Who are you kidding? No one deserves you. Not me, not Carol. NO ONE. I never thought I would say this to anyone. I never thought that I would say such things and that too to you. But here I am Daisy, your actions amd everything about you disgusts me so much that I cannot control myself from saying these things. You lied to me so many times...... everything is so clear now. Everything.
"Every excuse that should've made me doubt you but I ignored it because I trusted you but you shattered my trust so bad that I may never be able to trust anyone every again. EVER" said Emily before furiously wiping her tears away.

"Have a good life Daisy" said Emily before walking away.

She waved to a taxi and told the driver the address to the hotel. She was sobbing incessantly as the words kept replaying in her head.

She payed the driver before going to the reception and asking for her key. She got into the elevator and walked through the corridors to her room.

She crashed into someone making her fall backwards.

"Oww. Sorry" she muttered not even looking towards the person. She got up dusting herself off.

"Emily?" The person called.

Emily turned around and saw the person. She eyes widened as she took in his appearance.

"Mason?"

"Yeah. How have you been?" He asked carefully.

"Miserable?"

"Yeah, you look miserable."

"You on the other hand look....."

"Disgusting? I know"

"No no. That tuxedo suits you. I had heard you were taking over your father's company. Didn't know you were taking over with the tuxedo and all"

"Well ripped jeans apparently don't scream professionalism" he chuckled.

"Yeah..." she looked down at her feet.

"I actually have to be at a meeting but how about we grab dinner tonight? If you still don't hate me off course"

"I have a... spa appointment" she laughed. "And after the day I just had I really need it"

"How long are you in New York?" He asked earnestly.

"I don't know. Till my misery goes away?"

"A cup of of coffee tomorrow?"

"Erm sure." She said before walking towards him to give him her number.

She started to walk away when he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him.

"You didn't answer me" he asked slowly looking into her eyes.

"What?"

"Do you still hate me?"

"What? Oh no. It was a long time ago. Your ego that made you out us actually made our life better. There were some tense moments but its all good now" she smiled.

"Oh good because I didn't get to apologize about it. I'm sorry" he said earnestly.

"Its okay.... you should go now" she said.

"Yeah, right. I'll text you the time and place?"

"Text me the time and I'll text you the place" she smiled at him.

"Ok. Have a great spa appointment Em" he said before walking away.

She smiled at herself before going into her room and changing into something comfortable for her spa appointment.

For some reason she felt warm when Mason had touched her and felt excited when she thought about meeting him tomorrow.