✧ HARPER'S BAZAAR ✧

Hello, I'm Fai and tonight I will be showing you my nighttime routine.

I don't want anyone to take parts from my skincare routine and take it as fact. I just do whatever I feel is the most comforting to me, if you know what I mean.

If I'd describe my relationship with my skin I'd say... we're friends. Well, I think we're friends, but it's probably one-sided.

I travel a lot, so because of the water and weather fluctuate, my skin is pretty dry especially since it's winter. As for acne, I thankfully don't break out often, I mean I occasionally get pimples. But, I think because I understand my skin pretty well, so I know what triggers pimples and what to do if they ever come up. I don't have sensitive skin, which is shocking because of the things that have been on my face the past few years, it's crazy. But obviously, I'm thankful I have no complaints. So anyways, my skin concern is dryness and I try to do whatever I can to combat it.

My night and morning routines are different, in the morning I go for pretty minimal products, truthfully it's just a cleanser, Beauty of Joseon glow serum which has niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, moisturiser and sunscreen. Then at night that's when I focus on my skin concerns. I have eight to ten steps, I know it sounds like a lot but just bear with me.

I had a pretty long day so I'm going to remove my makeup first. I'm going to remove my false lashes. I honestly do wear a lot of makeup pretty much every day of the week because I'm always on camera or performing. Like obviously my eyebrows are just an illusion.

So now, I'm going to use the The Face Shop Lip and Eye Remover, first I'll shake the bottle them I'm going to soak two cotton pads then press them onto my eyes gently for around thirty seconds to break down whatever products are on there.

Actually, when I was in my early teens, I didn't know how to remove mascara. So I'd go to sleep thinking that I removed everything but in reality, I'd wake up looking like a panda. I learnt that even if you think you removed everything, you didn't so go back over it again. And then with the leftover on the cotton pads, I'm going to remove my lip product.

Now I'm going to remove my actual face makeup with the Dermologica pre-cleanse. I don't really like the feeling of the micellar water on my skin, so I like to go with this oil cleanser. This one helps remove any oils, makeup and sunscreen without clogging the pores. Also, I live in Seoul and the pollution here is so terrible, apparently, this cleanser removes any environmental pollutants that may get on your face. I don't really know how that's possible, but I think it's a placebo.

Then I'm going to cleanse once again. This is called double cleansing, which is so important. I swear it'll change your life. So you use an oil-based cleanser, then a water-based cleanser. As you know, water and oil don't mix, so it's the same thing for your face. You have oil, you have dirt, SPF, whatever that's on your face, you need oil to get it off. And then you gotta use the water to get the water-soluble stuff off. It's Science! You people may think I'm stupid, but I'm not.

I think the only thing I learnt in life and actually agree with is not using makeup wipes. I think there are only two circumstances where you can use them, when you're tipsy or when you're tired. But good luck with waking up with guilt. But like even then you shouldn't use them, you can just keep micellar water next to your bed.

So, the second cleanser I'm going to use is from B.Lab this is their Matcha Hydrating Foam Cleanser. It has green tea which will help remove impurities while also protecting your moisture barrier. It also has hyaluronic acid which will nourish the skin and moisturise it a bit.