✧ MARK & FAI ✧

Mark's fingers tangled with Fai's as the two strolled along the bridge.

It was a long couple of weeks for both of them. With Mark's just finishing promoting for 127's full album and now moving onto SuperM preparations, and Fai being so close to her release date. The couple found it hard to meet up, especially with Covid restrictions in Korea.

Usually, when the two had a night off, they'd either spend time in Fai's dorm or Mark's room in the 127 dorm. It was easier as they had the privacy they needed and they could just do whatever they want.

However today, the 127 members practically pushed both of them out the door and told them to clear their minds. As much as Fai wanted to curl up on Mark's chest with a movie playing, this walk was exactly what the two needed.

This bridge was a safe place for the couple, the spot where Mark first kissed Fai and the spot where he told Fai he loved her. Anytime either of them needed to breathe, this was where they came, whether intentional or not.

Mark was half a step ahead of Fai, guiding her movements to a pause once he stopped walking. They were stood right in the middle of the bridge, looking out over the river.

"The river is fucking dead. Look at the state of it," Fai spoke up, she was kind of shocked at how dull the water was looking.

Mark burst out laughing, he was expecting his girlfriend to say something deep to fit the atmosphere. "Right? I swear it looked better before."

"How are you feeling?" Fai asked, switching the topic.

"I'm exhausted to be honest. Like I'm thankful I'm involved in so many things, but I feel like me being tired is justified."

"Just because you're thankful to be involved doesn't mean what your company is doing is right. Now that they're going to add you back to Dream it's going to get worse. You're overworked as it is."

"Sometimes I feel jealous of you, your company is just a tad bit better than mine.... How're you dealing with everything?"

"I'm not sure anyone will like the song," Fai admitted.

"Dude shut up, Love Poem is arguably your best title track. Everyone will love it."

"I don't know."

"You know I'm your biggest fan, right?"

"It feels like everyone says that."

"But I'm being serious. So, I want you to make use of me all you want. You can call me when you need cheering up. I'll rush right over."

The two fell into a comfortable silence taking in the environment they were in. After a few minutes, Fai looked over at Mark only to find him already looking at her. Though they were wearing masks, Mark could see Fai smiling due to her eyes. Fai stepped closer wrapping her arms around his waist and nuzzling into his shoulder.

Mark's arm came up to pull Fai in by her shoulder, his other hand staying on the rail in front of her. He pulled down his mask and leant his head on top of Fai's, allowing her to feel how he smiled into her hair as he gave her a gentle kiss.

From here, nobody could see their faces, nobody could see who they were, all they could see where two people in love, bathed in white light.

- - -

⋰˚☆ Aya's thoughts

yall be nice to me, and give me a birthday gift: any requests or feedback about the book? literally any comment is fine and will make my day ^^