✧ JUNGKOOK & FAI AU 01 ✧

Author's Note: Just to clarify, this is based in an alternate universe where Fai and Mark do not date and there actually is a possibility of Fai and Jungkook dating. I'm sorry for this being so long! I just wanted to cover everything haha

⋰˚☆ Getting Together

Fai and Jungkook had known each other since before she debuted. At first, their relationship was strictly senior-junior, this was due to the mutual introverted personalities and their age gap, the difference between a 15 and 19 year old is quite large and they didn't have much to bond over aside from being the youngest in the company and being idols. It wasn't until 2018 where the two were able to become friends and not have any awkwardness present, Jungkook felt admiration towards Fai. Whenever she spoke to him about how she was feeling about her career and music, he felt even more motivated.

Jungkook liked being around a person with the same passion and goals as him and the same willpower to be doing something great. He liked the fact that Fai was a good listener, she always validated his feelings and was always giving him advice that actually helped.

Fai liked being around Jungkook too. She liked his playful personality and willingness to learn about everything. He was with her when she needed someone around that pushed her to take risks. Whether it be going bungee jumping, or proposing to tell the company about a new concept she would like to explore.

They had a healthy friendship, built on trust and mutual respect. The reality is, Fai always had a crush on Jungkook. She came into terms that it was a silly crush to keep her mind occupied. But the longer the crush went on, the less Fai felt like it was silly. It was hard to keep her composure, she felt like she deserved an Oscar for how long she kept the friendship act.

There wasn't a particular moment where Jungkook realised he liked Fai and wanted to take their friendship a step further. He just realised one day that the person who was by his side all those years, the person who was his biggest fan and pushed him to be better was Fai. It got to a point where he couldn't stop thinking about her, whenever something exciting happened he knew she was the first person he'd like to tell. One day as Fai was walking closer to him, his heart started to beat a lot faster once they made eye contact he knew that their friendship needed to be something more.

One day, in the middle of 2019, while the two were hanging out in Fai's studio, Jungkook knew he wanted to ask Fai out. The two sat in comfortable silence, Fai was revising for one of her university classes while Jungkook was mostly staring at Fai while occasionally checking his phone.

"Can I ask you something crazy?" Jungkook suddenly spoke up.

"Hmm?" Fai hummed, she hasn't put down her pen and was still writing something down.

Jungkook reached out, his hand going over Fai's hand to get her attention. They were both shocked at the fact they can't hear each other's heartbeat considering how loud they were beating. Fai looked up.

"You can say no if you want. But, would you be comfortable with getting to know each other in a different sense?" Jungkook asked.

Fai froze, she wasn't sure if she was delusional and just jumped to conclusions or if Jungkook was asking what she thought he did, "Like in what sense?"

"A romantic sense," Jungkook said slowly, he was treading on thin ice.

Fai had to hide her smile, if she could she would've been jumping up and down out of happiness. "Yeah, I'd be comfortable with that."

"Cool," Jungkook nodded smiling. Fai seeing his smile, she couldn't help but let out a small laugh, "Then let's pick a day where we're both free and go do something."