04.| ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴀʟ [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.CHAPTER FOUR.
[04]. Hope Is Not the Goal.
PART ONE
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ᴡʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴛᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʜᴇʀ? ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ᴡʜᴀᴛ' ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴛᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ
ʜᴇʀ?
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

THE STUDENTS OF THE school had been called into a school meeting early in the morning. Malik unfortunately was forced to attend. The students have gathered in the grand hall, where Alaric and Sheriff Matt Donovan were now currently standing at the podium to update them on recent events that have happened recently—whatever the hell that meant.

"Given our recent influx of monsters, Sheriff Donovan and I have decided we need to take drastic action." Alaric looks at all the students. "Please give him your full attention."

Matt takes his place at the podium to address the students. "Like Dr. Saltzman was saying, local girls Dana Lilien and Sasha Stoteraux didn't come home last night." photos of Dana and Sasha are passed throughout the aisles of students. "Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party, but this is a first for Sasha."

"All good girls turn bad eventually," Malik announces as he walks into the room. "I don't see the problem with a little high school fun."

Matt smiles. "Malik, it's good to see you're doing well."

"You too Matty." Malik walks over to take a seat beside Lizzie since it had been the only seat left available.

Lizzie rolls her eyes. "Couldn't you have just sat on the floor?"

"Couldn't Josie just have absorbed you in the womb?" Malik spat back before giving his attention back to the adults.

"Now, I'll need a few of you to volunteer to go to Mystic Falls High under the guise of an exchange program meant to improve relations between our schools..." Alaric briefly looks at Josie, Malik, and Lizzie in the pews in front of him before moving on. "Which, unfortunately, is necessary, given recent events. Now, I give you permission to compel them, to gather materials for locator spells, because any information we can get will make a difference."

Lizzie, with a look of determination, stands to her feet and buttons her blazer before turning to face her fellow students. "Well, I guess that I can set aside my differences with Dana for a day... because that is what heroes do." Lizzie turns around to face her father. "So, I volunteer as tribute."