23.| ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴀ ʟᴏᴏᴘʜᴏʟᴇ [3]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE.
[23]. There's Always a Loophole.
PART THREE
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ᴏᴜʀ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱʜɪᴘ ᴡᴀꜱ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀ ʟɪᴇ, ʜᴏᴘᴇ

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ᴏᴜʀ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱʜɪᴘ ᴡᴀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ
ʟɪᴇ, ʜᴏᴘᴇ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

SAY WHATEVER YOU THINK but the pain Malik felt at this moment had been terrible. The wound hadn't been healing and the boy had a strong feeling it was because their power had been cut off. So finding that blood fountain that MG was talking about was the one thing Malik cared for the most.

"You should've stayed back."

"I'm aware," Malik murmured under his breath before walking towards another tunnel entrance.

Hope sighs. "Do you plan on telling me what the hell you've been ignoring me for?"

But he didn't plan on telling her. The boy stayed silent as he walked into a room.

There it was.

The blood fountain.

With narrowed eyes, Malik looks at the fountain. "I think i've seen this before." he then traces over the symbols on the skulls with the blood one by one.

Hope's eyes widened. "How— how did you know how to do that?"

"Because this is a dark object, created by a group of extinct witch-like people. They went by the name called the Travelers." Malik details. "I so happened to have bumped into one of them— his name was Julian. He took over my brother's body. Anyway, anti-magic was kind of their thing. It's a long story..."

With that the hybrid boy rolls his head back, he looks down at his wound and sees that it had been healing.

Malik smirks. "Told you I'd be fine."

But Hope didn't smile, she goes to walk away. Clearly not wanting to speak to him until he told her what was going on.

"Fine!" Malik huffs. "Okay... I'll tell you what happened."

Hope turns around, she faces him with her arms crossed. "Well, I'm waiting."

Malik sighs. "At first... our friendship was nothing but a lie, Hope."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... after Hayley died I was only friends with you because I felt like her death was on me," Malik explains. "After I heard about what you and Klaus were going to do to Roman... I panicked and I stood by your side. Hoping that if I was friends with you, you wouldn't let them hurt me."