19.| ʟᴇᴛ'ꜱ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ꜰɪɴɪꜱʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
    .CHAPTER NINETEEN.
   [19]. Let's Just Finish the Dance.
PART ONE
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ɪ ᴀʟᴍᴏꜱᴛ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ɪ ᴀʟᴍᴏꜱᴛ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ʟᴀꜱᴛ
ɴɪɢʜᴛ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

LAST NIGHT WAS A very traumatic night for the Super Squad team plus Doctor Saltzman. Landon and Malik's death scared the group but luckily the two boys somehow survived. Malik had Josie to thank for his survival but part of him felt like he didn't deserve to have survived after what he did. Malik biting MG was a mistake along with fighting him— he felt guilty.

Part of Malik also felt guilty for not taking care of Landon and looking out for him. Just imagine if Landon wasn't supernatural.

But today was a new day. In fact, it was the day Malik dreaded the most.

The Miss Mystic Falls Pageant.

"You're thinking about it, Malik."

"Thinking about what?"

Josie rolls her eyes. "You know exactly what I'm talking about."

Malik sighs. "I don't know how I'm supposed to feel right now, Jo. I shouldn't even be alive let alone acting as if nothing happened. I almost killed two people last night."

"But you didn't."

"But I could've."

Josie slightly frowns, she places her hand onto Malik's. "You are a good person, Mal. You're just going through some things."

"I'm scared that this will get worse— I could hardly control my hunger for human blood."

"I'll help you."

Malik shakes his head. "Jo, I don't think you can. You can't always save me, Jo. Sometimes things just happen."

"That doesn't mean I can't try." Josie shrugs. "If redemption and forgiveness is what you need to feel better about yourself... i'll help you earn it."

"And if I hurt you in the process?"

"Well, I guess it'll be payback for me lying to you all these years."

Malik looks at the brunette for a split second, his smile drops once he looks arose the room.

"Sorry... is it too early to joke about that?" Josie questions.

Malik realizing he didn't respond to her, shakes his head. "Wh-no not that. I— what the hell is he doing here?"

Josie follows Malik's gaze and realizes that Roman was oddly back in school. Malik then follows Roman's gaze which was on Landon and Hope. Just as Roman was going to walk over to them Malik uses his vamp speed to get in front of him.