08.| ᴍᴏᴍʙɪᴇ ᴅᴇᴀʀᴇꜱᴛ [2]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.CHAPTER EIGHT.
[08]. Mombie Dearest.
PART TWO
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ᴛᴏ ᴋɪʟʟ ᴀ ᴡᴀʟᴋᴇʀ, ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ɢᴏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴀɪɴ! ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ᴛᴏ ᴋɪʟʟ ᴡᴀʟᴋᴇʀ, ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ɢᴏ ꜰᴏʀ
ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴀɪɴ!
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

IT WAS NOW PARTY time. Malik was leaning against the wall as he spoke to Penelope and MG. There was still no sight of the twins which worried him a little. But he brushes it off. All he could think about now was how the twin's mother rose from the dead. And the only explanation to it was that her resurrection had something to do with Malivore and the knife.

"Ahhh, let's welcome birthday girl number one and her lucky escort!"

Malik breaks out of his thoughts when he sees the spotlight shining directly on Lizzie. She seemed a little panicky when she doesn't see Rafael waiting for her. Trying to play it cool, Lizzie descends a few more steps before suddenly, Malik vamp-speeds toward the bottom of the staircase so she can meet him there, rubbing the side of his nose with his thumb as if to say "Just go with it." Lizzie looks tense as she stands at Malik's side.

"Where's my date?"

Malik smirks. "Well, you're looking at him."

Lizzie briefly looks Malik up and down, she slightly smiles. "Surprised you're not wearing sneakers."

"MG stole them from me." Malik chuckles, he pulls a rose out of his breast pocket to hand it to Lizzie, who is clearly touched but unwilling to admit defeat.

Lizzie hums. "What if I told you my favorite was sunflowers?"

"I'd know you were lying."

Lizzie seems strangely touched by this retort and tilts her head curiously. "How?"

Malik shrugs, he doesn't answer. He reaches his left hand toward the crowd, where what is presumably the school's goth witch coven raises their right hands into the air and wiggle their fingers, causing a shower of sparkles to fall on Malik and Lizzie, the latter of whom is mystified despite her best efforts to the contrary.

Penelope smiles in satisfaction when she realizes that her best friend had secretly been falling for Lizzie all along.

Malik holds out his right hand in offering. "Because, I know you, Elizabeth. Probably more than you know yourself." he smiles.

Once again reaches out his left hand, this time toward the DJ, who immediately begins playing a remix of Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." Lizzie links her arm in Malik's as he walks her the rest of the way onto the dance floor, looking shocked at how much he knows about her.