TWENTY FIVE

The next morning Mia and Trent woke up before making their way to the hospital for Mia's 5 month scan. They got in the car before starting the journey there.

"Are you excited?" Mia asked as Trent placed a hand on her thigh.

"Yeah I mean this is the first time I will be getting to see our bubba. I can't believe it's been 5 months already," he replied in shock.

"Well technically its only been 2 as we didn't know until I was like 3 months along but whatever makes you happy," Mia smiled.

"You know what I mean. Are you excited to find out the gender?"

"Yeah. Well we won't know for a few more days but at least we will get to hear the heartbeat."

They pulled up into the car park before getting out and walking up to the receptionist.

"Hi. Ermm I have an appointment for Mia Edwards," she told the woman behind the desk.

"Yep. Ermm the midwife will be a couple more minutes but fill this form out while your waiting," she replied as she handed Mia a clip board and a pen.

"Why is you name still Edwards?" Trent asked as they took their seats.

"I haven't had chance to change it yet. I was gonna do it after the scan. Don't worry. I'll get it changed."

Mia placed a kiss on Trent's lips before filling out the form in her hands.

"Mia Edwards?" One of the nurses called out.

Trent took Mia's hands in his and they walked into the room together.

"Hi you must be the father. I'm Clair it's nice to finally meet you," she said as she shook Trent's hand.

"Yeah you too."

Trent took a seat beside the bed Mia was layed down on. She lifted up her top and pulled her leggings down as Clair placed the gel onto her stomach.

"So are we going to be finding out the gender today or not?" Clair asked as she began the ultrasound.

"No. My sister is going to plan a gender reveal so will we be able to get it in a envelope?" Mia asked.

"Yeah of course no problem."

After a couple more minutes Clair had found the baby and turned the screen around so they couple both see the plack and white sonogram.

"There's you beautiful baby."

As soon as Trent layed eyes on the photo he began to cry. He had always wanted a child. Whether it was a boy or a girl it didn't matter as long as it was healthy and with the woman he loved and Mia was just that.

"Don't cry baby," she said as she wiped away the tears on his cheeks and brough him in for a kiss.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too."

The couple's sweet moment was interupted by the sound of a faint heartbeat.

"Is that?" Mia asked.

"That's your babies heartbeat," Clair told them.

This is what set Mia of crying.

"Now I'm crying," she laughed as she wiped away the tears.

"So everything looks healthy and as it should be. Now the last time you came we found out you had a denied pregnancy and I told you the signs of pregnancy could hit you alot harder. How have you been?"

"Good. I mean I only really get the morning sickness and tiredness. Not really the nausea so I'm good."

"Well in that case I will go and get you some scan photos printed out and get your gender for you."

Clair walked out of the room leaving Mia to wipe the gel off of her stomach and sit back up next to Trent.

"Are you okay?" she asked as she rested her head on his shoudlder.

"Yeah. I just can't belive that's our bubba."

"It is. And in just 4 months you'll get to meet them."

"I can't wait."

"Neither can I."

The couple shared a sweet kiss before Clair came back in with two envelopes in her hand.

"So this one is your scan photo," she said handing an envelope to Trent. "And this one is the gender," she said handing an envelope to Mia. "I've booked you in for your next appintment in 3 months time so we can decide on your birth plan. So I will see you then."

Mia and Trent said their goodbyes before making their way back outside to the car and driving to Perrie ad Alex's house.

"Look who's getting so grown up," Mia cooed as she picked up Delilah and placed her on her lap.

Delilah was now 6 months old and was started to crawl and trying to sit up on her own.

"I know and she's getting fat," Perrie stated.

"You can't say that. She's just got a cute chubby face."

"Anyways do I get to see if I am having a niece or nephew," Perrie asked with a huge grin on her face.

"Here," said Mia as she passed Perrie the envelope with the gender in.

She opened it and showed it to Alex before a huge smile spread across their faces.

"You sure you don't want to know?" Alex asked to make sure.

"100%," Trent replied.

The couple stayed over for a little while before Trent and Mia headed home so he could get ready for his game.

"Are you sure youre gonna be okay by yourself?" Trent asked for the sixth time.

"Yes. I was fine when you went away for 3 days wasn't I?"

"Yes but your bump in bigger now and you need to be more careful. I can tell the gaffer that I'm sick if you want and watch the match from home with you."

"Bubs no. You're in the starting 11 and I'll be fine. So go to your game and win those three points then come back home and the three of us can cuddle. Does that sound like a plan?"

"Yeah okay. I'll see you later then okay. I love you wifey."

"Love you too hubby."

Mia gave Trent a quick kiss before he got in his car and drove to Anfield.

●●●

@trentarnold66 :

❤ 1,827,123     

❤ 1,827,123     

@trentarnold66 : Got to see my bubba for the first time today and hear their heartbeat. Me and your mummy love you so much and can't wait to meet you ❤

Comments disabled ...

●●●

Please vote and comment 💖