Brandon (26)

Slut, liar, bitch, whore. All names I hear people whispering about me when they think I'm not listening. I sat in the uncomfortable class room feeling all eyes on me as the counselor continued with his presentation on abuse in sexual relationships. All of this only a few weeks after Josh's arrest.

"Some say there is a blurred line between what constitutes as consensual sex in a relationship. That's why verbal consent and recognizing signs of—"

"What if a guy gets hard from kissing !? Doesn't that means he wants to have sex?" One of the guys interrupted from the back.

"Well your body's natural response isn't a re—"

"What if you're in a relationship you are in the middle of sex and decide that you don't want it.  Is that rape ?" One girl shouted.

"Well if you originally consented and you expressed discomfort—"

"What if you're in a relationship and lied to everyone that you were raped and they end up in jail?" Garret, one of our teammates stood up glaring at me.

"What if an innocent person was locked away because of  false accusations of abuse? Where is the justice for the accused? If it's a relationship sex—"

"THAT'S ENOUGH!!!" The counselor slammed his hand on table.

"If you have questions you will wait until you called on. Everyone understand?"

Garret got up knocking all the things off of my desk before leaving the room. Everyone was staring at me, everyone knew about it. I got up following him out into the hall.

"Garret!!!"

He stormed towards me grabbing me by my shirt.

"You son of a bitch, he's in there locked up up because of you !!!! You know what they do to rapist in jail?" He pinned me to the lockers. I pushed him off of me.

"Your friend deserves to rot for what he did, I have no reason to lie ," I assured him. 

"Fuck you, and fuck Nicholas. When Josh gets out you're gonna pay," he threatened.

"Evidence doesn't lie, he isn't going to be getting out for a long time. Believe me, I never wanted any of this. I'm sorry you friend isn't who you think he is-"

"Shut up!!!"

"Boys get back in class or leave this instant!!!"  the teacher appeared in the door way.

Garret stared at me hatred in his eyes before spitting in my face and walking the opposite direction of class. I decided not to return to class as well, wiping my face I made my way to the art room. It was empty, perfect. I curled into a ball letting the tears fall.

I'm so tired of crying. It's been like this for a while now, most of the school hates me because of Josh's arrest and the football team is all behind him as well. My mother cried when the hospital called her, she just kept mumbling how filthy and unclean I was. I don't think she was upset because I like men but because of what happened,  I could tell she felt ashamed.  She didn't want me to submit the pictures of me as evidence...she begged me not too and to tell the officers I was uncomfortable with it. Nicholas and Wes was there to support me, but I know they can't be here all the time...I need to start learning how to pick myself up. 

I need to be strong, and show everyone i'm stronger than I look. 

I'm gonna show everyone....

I grabbed some paint and brushes putting them in my art tote I usually leave here.