Brandon (18)

I hated being home sometimes. I've been spending so much time anywhere eles just to get away. I opened the door revealing a cluttered mess. The house was always dirty no matter how much I cleaned. There was never enough food or space for that matter. Papi was asleep while the kids ran wild literally running everywhere.

"Where's madre?" I asked blocking the path of my sister.

"She left."

Of course she did I started to leave when the front door opened.

"Nick!!!!" All the children yelled in unison running to hug him. He always loved my siblings, always brought them candy when we came over and watched them while I got some rest the night's my mom would decide she's tired of being a parent.

"Hey guys," he smiled kissing all four of them.

"You all hungry? Well I got some McDonald's!!! But everyone has to sit at the table and it eat."

They all ran to the table to sit down and I helped him pass out the dollar burgers and fries to my siblings. As they started to dig in I headed to my room and he followed.

"So your back again?" I said my arms folded. He walked towards me and I took a step back. I can't be to close to him.

"I had to leave. Your boyfriend was threatening to kick my ass if I didn't. I didn't want you to feel like I was using you."

Jousha threatened him? He wouldn't.....or would he?

"Nicholas I want you here you weren't using me. Friends help eachother. Are you doing okay? Where are you staying?"

"With my brother—for now. But I'm fine." He sat down. Something was clearly bothering him. I sat down next to him. He smelled good,
like he had just taken a shower, his blonde hair growing out of his hair cut a bit.

"Tell me Cariño....what's bothering you."

"Are you mad at me?"

"No why would I be mad? Worried of anything? You left and didn't return my calls and I hardly even seen you at school—"

"I'm back with Bridget." He said cutting me off.

Was I upset...yeah a little but not as much as I was the first time.

"I noticed that the other day." I said quietly looking away from him.

"And I'm bringing her to the wedding as my date tomorrow and I wanted to let you know we have your suit. Westley doesn't want Jousha there though and he made it really clear. It has nothing to do with me but my father will be there and—"

"I understand. Are you sure you want me to
Come? Your g-"

"Fuck that B. Your coming and we're gonna have fun. We can't keep letting people get between us. Your my pal!!! So forget about Bridget and Jousha," he hugged me and I felt my heart skip a beat. I hugged him back.

"If your I trouble tell me. I told you I would handle it..." I whispered hugging him tighter.

"I got you. Always."

"I got you. Forever." He kissed my forehead.

"You know you can always some to me too. I know sometimes it gets hard with all the kids around. I'm more than happy to take them off your hands for a few hours." My best friend ruffles my hair before tossing me the last McDonald's bag.

"Nick...."

"Yeah ?"

" I love you....." I said instantly. I regretted saying it as soon as the words slipped past my lips. I made it weird again. I'm always fucking something up.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that. I'm
Sorry for the other night too. I crossed the line and don't blame it on the drugs, what I disgusting and wrong and selfish and—"

"I love you too," he laughed shaking his head as he exited the room. I could feel my face heating up again and a smile creeping upon it from ear to ear.