Brandon(10)

I woke up to soft light kisses on my shoulder all the way down to my back. Shit that's right I spent the night at Josh's house.

"Good morning handsome," he smiled at me. Oh god his smile....he has the cutes dimples and his teeth were so white and perfectly aligned.

"Morning" I smiled turning on my back. Wait where the hell are my clothes all I had on was one of his t-shirts. I guess he seen the panicked look on my face.

"Relax baby, I just washed them. You damn near collapsed after you got out of the tub. I told you we should've taken you to the emergency room."

"Emergency room for what?"

"You seriously don't remember? That's means you have a concussion Brandon!" He rolled his eyes picking up the phone calling someone.

Then all of a sudden it came back to me. We had a game last night. I can't remember who we played but I remember running the ball and just as I cocked my hand back to pass it I was tacked by two guys and then everything went black.

"The game," I touched my forehead. I was starting to get a bad migraine all of a sudden.  "Did we win?"

"Yeah, but you should get some rest. Some of the guys are coming over but we're gonna just be getting loaded in the living room. Join us if you feel up to it." He kissed my forehead before putting on some basketball shorts and turning off the lights. I closed my eyes and drifted off.

****************3 hours later************

I woke back up. I felt better though. I rolled over to see Joshua sleeping soundly next to me and my clothes folded neatly on the dresser. I walked over also noticing a glass of water and a pill with a note : aspirin for the headache & soreness :) I took it and after I walked back over to the bed and kissed his lips lightly. He was really sweet to take care of me like that.

"You feeling okay 32," he mumbled groggily before pulling me on top of him.

"Yeah, I'm up and kicking, and thank you" I kissed him again but this time he kissed back passionately but briefly.

"I do anything for you." He smiled his eyes still closed. I put on a pair of his basketball shorts pulling the string so it could fit my waist and grabbed my clothes. His room was very sportsy but neater than you would think a jock's room would be. I tip toed down the stairs and his mother and father were in the living room talking and sitting on the sofa.

"Hi sweetie, you took a nasty fall last night. Is everything alright ?" His mother, Mary came to meet me at the end of the stairs putting her hands on the sides of my face.

"You did good in the first quarter !!!" His dad got up to refill his coffee.

His parents knew he was gay but they didn't care at all.

"Thanks, and I feel better now." I smiled.

"Did you see the town paper? They're talking about you and Josh going to the home coming dance together." His father fixed another cup of coffee for his wife and she accepted it kissing him on the cheek.

"And so much support even from the son of that admiral despite him being openly anti-lgbt." She blew over the mug before taking a small sip.

I looked at the paper and saw a picture of Nicholas. What the hell? His dad's gonna freak!! I quickly thanked them before hurrying out of the house. Nick's house was just across the street in the other subdivision from Josh's. I can't believe he would do something like that.

 I mean it's great and all that he supports us but the reason he said we couldn't be together was because of his family....I got there hopping over the picket fence and making my way to the side of the house I looked through the window basement. 

His room was a mess and he was lying lifelessly on the floor.