05.| ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴀʟ [2]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
    .CHAPTER FIVE.
   [05]. Hope Is Not the Goal.
PART TWO
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ'ᴠᴇ ʟᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʟᴇᴅ

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ'ᴠᴇ ʟᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛɪʟʟ
ʏᴏᴜ ʙʟᴇᴅ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

RAFAEL HAD STILL BEEN on the floor from when the pack jumped him. His breathing was heavy so he knew not to get too close to Rafael until he calmed himself down. But Josie on the other hand being a considerate and nice friend she is decided to go up to him even though Malik said to stay back.

"Hey! Are you okay—"

"Get off of me!" Rafael growls, his eyes still glowing yellow, he glances at Malik who sends him a death stare, Rafael lowers his head as he stands. "Just stay away from me." he leaves.

Malik looks over at Josie, he could practically read her thoughts. "Oh— no. You can't possibly think this was my fault."

"Well, it's hard not to." Josie coldly replies, she stands and tries to walk away.

"Jo, are you— are you serious? I was walking with you, I didn't even know this was Jed's plan." Malik scoffs, he follows behind. "If I had known then I'd stop it— but then again. I am alpha and he disrespected me—"

"Shut up, Malik. Just two weeks ago you were trying to give up your alpha position because of Alys—"

"Don't you dare say her name!" Malik shouts, his eyes now glowing yellow, he sees Josie backing up a little frightened. His eyes return to their normal color, but he keeps a cold stare. "D- don't speak of that devil."

A small sigh escapes Josie's mouth. She whispers a sorry before she decides to walk away. Malik rubs his head in frustration and walks away. The wolf spent the next few hours in the gym with the pack. The tension in the room didn't last much time.

Only because Malik had already gotten over it. But he hated how Josie blamed him for something he hadn't even known about. But of course, he couldn't show his feelings so he pushed all his thoughts aside and stayed in the gym.

Now the pack had been planing dodgeball. Malik throws the ball at one of the wolves with such force that the target falls on his abdomen on the floor.

Malik slightly winces. "Ouuu, sorry, kid."

The ball rolls over and lands at Rafael's feet, and one of the wolves calls out to him to get the ball back.

"Little help?"