Chapter 19

The wall down the long corridor hallway wasn't quiet. The loud screaming and the cries were enough to keep both friends on their toes. They reached the end of the corridor, where Nina's room was.

(Y/n) looked back over to her friend, who had given her a nod. She took a deep breath in, before opening the door. (Y/n) noticed that the door was unlocked, noting it was easy to get in. She shook past her anxiety and entered the room.

Inside, in the furthest corner sat a girl. Wearing a straight jacket and long black pants. (Y/n) took notice of her long enby hair covering her face.

(Y/n) looked back at her friend and gave her a stern look, which May knew meant to not follow her in. (Y/n) closed the door, her fingers lingering on the doornob.

She turned back around to carefully walk closer to Nina. The young woman didn't make eye contact with her, instead Nina's breathing got worse.

"I can smell it," she spoke

Nina's voice was like nails on a chalkboard. (Y/n) winced as she stopped walking closer.

"I can smell the desperation," she looked at (Y/n) through her hair, "The obsession,"

"Nina Hopkins," (Y/n) lifted her hands up slowly, "I am Officer (Y/n) (L/n), detective in charge on one of the cold cases,"

Nina gave her a humorless laugh, "Oh? Why are you here then?"

"Nina, I'm here to ask you a few questions," (Y/n) walked in closer, "How did you escape?"

"Hmm?" She looked behind her hair, "Escape? Is that what you think happen?"

"Nina, I asked you a question," (Y/n) voice lowered, "I need to know. How did you escape Jeff?"

(Y/n) kept her distance as she heard Nina chuckle. Her chuckling turned to obsessive laughter before she finally broke into tears.

Nina before to thrash around, screaming and crying before she slammed herself on the floor. (Y/n) stepped back as Nina continued her tantrum.

"I CAN'T FEEL HIM ANYMORE!" She screamed, "I CAN'T FEEL HIM! I CAN'T FEEL OUR CONNECTION!"

(Y/n) stared at the woman who continued to thrashing around. Her sobs getting louder.

"Nina!" (Y/n) shouted, grabbing her shoulders and lifting her upwards, "Nina I need you to calm down!"

"YOU! YOU ARE LIKE ME!" Nina shouted, "BOUND TO A PASTA!"

(Y/n)'s eyebrows furrowed together. She let her go as Nina continued,

"You may not be like excatly like me," she layed on the floor, "But you're now bound for life. I can feel it,"

"It was a mistake coming here," (Y/n) turned around to walk out.

However, she stopped in her tracks when she heard someone's footsteps. She turned around to see Nina was now standing, walking closer to her. (Y/n) could now see Nina's pale face, her eyes bloodshot.

"He's on his way," Nina twisted her neck, causing a loud pop to be heard, "I felt the message. Toby is on his way to look for you,"

"You're insane," (Y/n) shook her head, "How'd you even know it was-"

"We're all connected (Y/n)," Nina explained, "Our boss connects us, he sends us messages,"

(Y/n) stared at her as Nina's voice became more unhinged.

"Jeff is gone, (Y/n). He's gone and now Toby is after you," Nina's tears poured down again, "Isn't it nice to be wanted?! JEFF NEVER CAME BACK FOR ME!"

(Y/n) turned around and opened the door, ingoring Nina's screams.

"MUST BE NICE TO BE WANTED! MUST BE NICE TO KNOW HE'S COMING BACK FOR YOU!"

(Y/n) left the room, closing and locking the door behind her. May stood next to her friend, surprised at how calm she appeared.

"May," (Y/n) looked at her, anger bubbling, "Honestly that was a waste of time! It didn't help me understand anything!"

"You can't be serious!" May looked at (Y/n) with widen eyes, "Didn't you hear? He's coming back!"

"That's just an insane person talking!" (Y/n) lifted her hand towards Nina's door, "Do you honestly believe anything she said? She doesn't have access to the outside world! How would she know if Jeff died or if Toby's coming back?"

"I'm-I'm not sure," she finally admitted

(Y/n) threw her hand down, "I knew going to Lui Woods would be a waste, let's just go back,"

"But...how did she knew it was Toby?"

~~~