Chapter 5

(Y/n) pulled her hair as she walked up the stairs of her apartment building. If one more bad thing went wrong in her day she might lose it. It was late at night and her car was towed, it was only one of the worse things that could happen to her.

It started after she went back to work after her lunch with her friend Toby. Trent managed to lose her paperwork she was supposed to give to her boss. Then when it was closing time, she witness her car being towed. Now they moved her rent up a week and she wasn't sure if she could pay rent.

As she reached her front door (y/n) just wanted a nice relaxing bath, forget her worries and just watch some anime and eat away her feelings.

As she entered her apartment she couldn't help but notice some things off.

Maybe she's just stressed.

Yeah, that's it. Stressed.

When she went into her bedroom, she did her normal routine. (Y/n) took her work shirt off, leaving her in her black tank top.

She then proceeded to play some music on her speaker as she got her bath ready. (Y/n) couldn't wait to dip in and let her worries melt away.

~~~

Toby stood in front of his boss as he was scolding him for his recent behavior. Although Toby himself knew this was a conversation that was going to happen, he still didn't know how to respond. He just stood there while being scolded.

Although he knew it would be all worth it, he was going to have his little angel soon!

Toby was then dismissed after what seemed forever, he left the office and walked down the stairs towards the kitchen.

When he reached the kitchen, he wasn't expecting to see Clockwork.

Oh geez

"Hiii Toby!"

Kill me now

"H-h-hi C-C-Clock,"

Clockwork giggled at Toby response, which only added to his irritation.

Why was she laughing at him? What was so funny?

"Toby! I was wondering how your recent," she paused to add another giggle "case was going?"

He should have known, was she also interested in his (y/n)? Did Clockwork want (y/n) for herself?

That selfish twat!

(Y/n) was his and his alone!

"G-g-g-g-good..."

Toby's increased stuttering went unoticed by her. She was too busy keeping her eye on his bright orange goggles that was resting ontop of his head.

"You know, I could help," she leaned over the counter with a smile, "if you want?"

Toby gave her a cold glare, which made Clockwork giggle.

Toby went to the fridge, grabbed a water bottle and walked out of the kitchen without saying another word to Clockwork.

The only thing in his mind as he went out of the mansion, was how he was going to surprise his little angel soon.

Oh how he missed her

~~~

Clockwork started to annoy Toby more and more but he ignored the feeling.  It was after sunset when Toby finally arrived to the apartment complex of (y/n) his smile grew large as he climbed up the fire escape.

As Toby climbed he looked into a randomly window, inside he saw a family about to sit down to eat dinner. Toby stopped and stared a husband, wife and little girl were laughing. Enjoying life.

Toby wished he had that life growing up. A family who cared for each other, loved each other and we're not afraid of nothing.

But he sighed and continued to climbed up. With the darkness looming over the city, it caused him to blend into the walls.

As Toby continue to climb, he remembered the family he saw. Although he didn't have a family like that growing up, he knew that he could have a family like that I'm his future.

Toby smiled underneath his mouth guard. He thought about how (y/n) would be a perfect wife, or even a mother.

He nearly slipped and fell at the thought. Toby never thought about having a family, he was always afraid he'd be like his father.

When Toby finally reached (y/n)'s apartment, he checked to see if the window was unlocked. He slowly was able to open the window and snuck inside.

Toby managed to slip inside her bedroom, he looked around to see her dresser, bed and a mirror. (Y/n) seemed to have a small bookshelf full of DVDs and picture frames of different people he didn't recognize.

Toby went to the door and placed his head to hear if (y/n) was moving. He heard a muffled humming and slowly opened the door.

He looked around the small apartment. It seemed like (y/n) wasn't in the living room or kitchen so most likely she was in the bathroom. He went back inside the bedroom and smiled to himself.

Then he heard the door jingle.

'Oh shit,' he thought as he rushed towards the closet. He closed the door quickly and held his breath in.

Toby didn't want her to find out that he was there, he didn't want to scare off (y/n). In the mist of his panic, he suddenly heard (Y/n) start to hum.

Slowly the humming turned into singing to herself. Toby let himself slide down the door as he heard her angelic voice sing the sweet Melody of the song. Toby had no idea what song it was but he didn't care. She was singing, almost as if she was comforting him.

Toby placed one of his hands against his chest and the other on the floor. Sure he was was in a trance but he quickly noticed a shirt underneath his hand. He quietly picked it up and tried his best to examine the shirt under the darkness of the small closet.

It seemed like a regular t-shirt but the only difference was that this was her t shirt. She must have worn this before.

Toby smiled as he moved the shirt around his gloved hands. Still listening to (y/n)'s singing. As she finished her song, he lowered the mouth guard and brought the shirt up to nose to take a deep breath.

And then the door opened.