Chapter 22

Toby and (Y/n) stood in shock, hearing the blood trickle down her face hitting the floor. Lyra's opened her mouth, a broken voice rang out.

"Ŏ̸̰̱̈́ṳ̶̾̈́t̷͍͠ ̵̯̦̉̌o̷̡̮͌f̴̬̊ͅ ̵̭̟͗ṱ̴̔i̵̟̣̅̀m̵̞̎͂e̶̬̊,̶̫̈́̐ ̸̻̮́̆y̶̳͊̕ö̸̻͌ũ̴̙͖ ̵͔̅̕ş̶̈h̷̠͂͝ǫ̶͙̍ư̷̳͑l̶͙̥̈́̍d̵͔̑̈́'̶̥̺̏͝v̷͚̔e̸͓̋ ̸͍̄d̴̛̼̣͘í̷͖ẹ̴̛ͅd̸̠͑̂"

Lyra's bloodied finger pointed at (Y/n). Her head turned sideways, causing her bloody jaw to made a grotesque sound.

"T̵̮̟͌̃i̴̙̿̓m̴̡̪̎́é̴̮̥ ̸͙̍t̴̘̦̒ơ̴͙̻̋ ̸̘͓̂ȑ̷̘̒é̴̹p̵̞̆e̴̱̋̀n̴̦̿͂t̵͖͆,̸͙͒̍ ̷̥̝̐͋(̷̛͔͒Y̴̩͘/̸̺̬͊͐ņ̷̞̊)̶̩͋ ̷̘͌(̷̞̂Ľ̶̝/̸̹̐̌͜n̴̗͑͜)̶̢̥̇.̸͇̐͛ ̶̯̖͐T̴̝̎ĩ̴̯̮m̴͓̻͒e̴͈̪͂ ̸͖͘͠ť̴̡o̴̼̠͐ ̶̡͗p̸͇͌͠a̸̦̦̓y̶͔̙̎ ̸̧̣̐ẁ̷͇̪̌ḧ̴̲̫å̴̳̪ť̷̯̈́ ̶̘͖̒̏y̵͙͑o̶̮͆u̸̝͗ ̵̡̦͠ç̷̅̂ä̶̜̉ŭ̵͕s̵̛͇̃é̷̟d̴̛͉͍́!̷͇͕͂"

Without another word, Toby grabbed (Y/n)'s arm. The two immediately began to run out of the alley way. They rushed through the maze-like alley's as Lyra's unholy screeches echoed around.

(Y/n) looked over her shoulder, lifting her gun. Lyra ran fast behind them. (Y/n) studied her for a moment before taking a shot. A loud bang ranged out as (Y/n) successfully shot Lyra's right leg. This caused her to slow down, but it didn't stop her.

The woman turned back at Toby who was guiding her. She screamed out at him, "What the hell is that!"

"T-that!" Toby said in an offended tone, "T-that's my sister!"

"THAT'S YOUR SISTER?!"

Lyra's screamed louder as Toby took a left turn. The two continued running, but (Y/n) pulled her arm away. She continued running, this time instead of behind Toby she ran next to him. Lyra was a good distance behind the two, thanks to the recent wound on her leg.

"I thought you said she was dead!" (Y/n) asked, feeling herself lose her breath

"I think my boss is behind this," Toby admitted, while he was focus his tics weren't as noticeable, "He's not excatly thrilled with me right now,"

"You mean The Operator?"

Toby looked at her in disbelief, the only other person who called the boss that was Masky.

Lyra let out another shriek causing Toby to look over to her. In an attempt to slow them down, Lyra lifted a trashcan and tossed it towards the two. Toby reflexes kicked in and pulled (Y/n) down, causing them to fall.

The two landed on the ground with (Y/n) ontop of Toby. She looked down at him, giving him a dirty look.

"What the hell did you do to make your boss that upset with you!"

"L-Listen, is n-now the right t-time to be arguing l-like this?" Toby asked, trying to avoid the question

(Y/n) nodded at him, getting up from his body and pulled Toby up. Toby looked at her in surprised at her as she pulled his arm, indicating to run.

Toby turned back to see Lyra catching up. He looked over at (Y/n) and scoop her into his arms. Toby immediately ran down the alleyway, ignoring the complaining (Y/n) began to spill out.

"(Y/n)! Focus on shooting her!" He yelled out, desperation caused his stuttering to fade away

"You want me to shot your sister?" (Y/n)'s voice rang out

"S-she's not my s-sister," He ignored her stare of confusion, "Listen, T-the B-boss is furious at me, that's not my sister. That's a m-memory of her I have!"

(Y/n) frowned, but positioned herself. This time, she wasn't going to question it. (Y/n) lifted the gun once more, aiming the gun. She let a breath go, before a loud bang ran out again. Toby's running slowed down. He turned them both over to see Lyra's body now laying lifelessly down again.

Toby frowned, remembering the last time he saw Lyra like that was in the crash. (Y/n) jumped down, putting her gun in safety mode. She turned to Toby, putting the weapon safely away.

"What did you do, Toby," (Y/n) asked

Toby let out a nervous chuckle, "I m-may or m-may not have f-fucked up bad,"

The two looked over to see her body rot in a fast pace. The rot went down to her bones, leaving behind nothing more than dust.

~~~

"So, here's the plan," (Y/n) spoke as they walked down the busy street, "We take a bus out of the city, from there we rent a car and drive to the town that's the furthest away from the forest,"

"The f-furthest we get from the f-forest, the better," Toby nodded in agreement

"From there," (Y/n) lifted her eyebrows, "We take our own paths and we never speak again,"

"Wait n-no," Toby whined out, "I don't like t-that p-part!"

"I want to live my life without the fear of someone I care about is going to die," (Y/n) said that part in a whisper, "I don't want the constant fear of me dying either,"

"B-but I p-promise I'll p-protect you!"

"Toby," (Y/n) stared ahead, "I don't need protection,"

"Sure, I'll keep that in mind when I was the one who saved our skins,"

"You can't be serious! I was the one who shot her!"

"But I was the one who told you to focus,"

(Y/n) gave him an annoyed stare, but continued to walked on. Toby smiled, a feeling of warmth filled his stomach.

A normal conversation with her. It was nice to talk to her without any secrets, without any fear. Well, either she's got over her fear or she just didn't show it to him anymore. The duo blending into the crowd, walking towards the nearest bus station. They focus on the type of bus that was long distance instead of just traveling through the city.

~~~