Chapter 4

Toby's plan would have to take a few days to do. He needed to know everything about her before he made his move.

So after a few days of...oberserving (y/n)  he learned her basic schedule, her interests, and a few other things about her. Toby just adored being around her, it was a week after and today was the day he was supposed to meet up with her again.

This time Toby wanted to talk to her more.

He knew she went to do some investigating in the woods, he saw her there with her friend and annoying blonde. The three of them, as far as he knew, were new to the police force. This case being assigned to (Y/n) was a mystery to Toby.

She was new and inexperienced. How was she supposed to solve a case that he knew no one could? They were just putting her pretty little face in danger.

Still whatever the reason why they put her in charge, it didn't matter to him.

She's going to be safe soon enough.

~~~~

After a long morning shift, a sandwich seemed more than enough to get (Y/n)'s spirits up. She was working long and hard on this case but it was getting time to go get a bite at her favorite little cafe.

(Y/n) was also excited to see Toby again. Not that she'll admit it, her pride is too large to admit when she finds a stranger attractive.

But in any case she's in the locker room, changing out of her uniform. Taking off the uniform shirt.

(Y/n) stared at her mirror when her eyes went towards her sides. On the lower end of her body was a large scar.

Her hand went over the scar. She flinched when she started to feel around the skin.

"How long ago was it?" She whispered to no one.

(Y/N) closed her eyes as she remembered the night. If only she didn't go out that night with her friends.

Would they still be around? Why didn't she die from the impact?

(Y/n) could still hear the voice in the back of her head, a strange saying the man chanted while he attacked her and her friends.

~~~

Toby rushed down the busy street to get into the small cafe. His black long sleeve shirt fitted him a bit loose but it's nothing new for him. He was also wearing dark jeans and a pair of converse.

His heart pounded as he reached the main door. Toby could feel the color returning to his cheeks as he entered the Cafe. As soon as Toby entered, he saw her. Standing in line, patiently waiting for her turn.

God, she's so cute.

Toby rushed over next to (Y/n), fixing his hair as he walked. (Y/n) noticed and waved at him, giving an infamous smile to him.

As the time passed Toby felt his emotions get the better of him. His gaze would only be focused on her and only her. Toby smiled fondly messing with his fingers underneath the table, both of them were sitting on the table from the other week. He watched as she talked about her job, her family and her favorite things. Although his blood boiled when she mentioned that blonde.

"Heh... Are you t-two close?" Toby's voice dripped in venom.

Unnoticed by (y/n) she just shrugged and the question, "I mean he's one of the few people in my work who's near my age."

She leaned closer to the table, smiling softly. Toby felt his heart flutter, his cheeks glowed softly. (Y/n) had an affect on him, he's already accepted that much, but he could never keep his emotions in line as hard as he could.

"So," (Y/n) had started, (I've already told you about me, why not tell me about your family?"

Toby knew she would ask about him, he prepared for this moment.

"Well," his eyes looked down, "My sister is no longer here, she died in an car crash a while ago. I'm better now than before"

He looked up to see her shocked reaction, Toby knew bringing up his sister would immediately make her more sympathetic towards him. All he wanted was for (Y/n) to learn to love him, even if he needs to make her feel not the best emotions.

"Sorry, it's j-just she m-meant a lot to me.. I'm sorry if I made you feel u-uncomfortable"

"No please, don't think that!" (Y/n) said as she grabbed his hand. If Toby couldn't control his emotions before, he was in a frenzy now.

"I'm just..." She took a breath, "I'm glad you feel comfortable with me to talk about this. I-I had a something similar happened to me a while ago," 

Toby looked at her with slight confusion, she sighed a while she messed with her hair.

"When I was a teenager...my friend and I went into the woods once." (Y/n) looked down with a sad expression, "and..."

Toby squeezed her hand softly. Her sad eyes meet his own. His thumb caressed her soft, delicate hand. He knows better than anyone else that whoever enters the woods doesn't come out, but it was confusing to him how she made it out alive.

Not that he was complaining, he's happy she's here now. But Toby couldn't help but wonder what happened.

(Y/n) noticed his expression of confusion, she sighed as she squeezed his hand back.

"I...I didn't make it out without getting attacked as well. I managed to push him off but.. he did stabbed me in my side..." Her free hand went to her lower side. (Y/n) whispered out "I could still see his crazed eyes...and that wide smile"

Toby eyes widened at what she said, but kept his composure (like he couldn't before) Toby looked down at their hands and looked back up at her eyes.

"Y-your not the o-one to b-blame..."

"I know," she said. (Y/n) eyes changed from sadness to sudden determination. "I know it's him who's behind the murder, I'm going to make sure he's where he deserves Toby. Behind bars."

If Toby could smile he would. But in that moment he needed to seem concerned, but he couldn't be more overjoyed. (Y/n) had no idea that he did it and suspected that Jeff did the murders. In her eyes Toby was innocent. After a few more minutes, she had to leave to go back to work.

Toby sighed dreamily as she got up to say goodbye. He watched her leave the cafe and felt his heart beat loudly as he remembered their hand holding each other.

~~~

I'm back! Sorry for the long wait guys but I was not feeling the best the last few days but I'm back to work on this story!

Thanks so much for reading!