Chapter 17

(Y/n) tapped on her desk. It was late into the night as few others stayed in the office. May sat in front of her in her own desk waiting for (Y/n) to finish up.

Thanks to the situation (Y/n) has found herself in, she has to stay in a different place other than her little apartment complex. The whole place is closed off as a crime scene until they get every trace of evidence they could find. Until then, May offered (Y/n) a place to stay until her apartment was cleared. But honestly, (Y/n) wasn't sure if she was comfortable in living her life as if nothing happened.

She didn't even know if she wanted to go back to that old place.

(Y/n)'s mind was full of concern. She was rethinking on what May had told her earlier in the day, about how strange it was that both of her traumatizing experiences were connected to the forest.

She internally debated if she should talk to Liu, mostly because she was concerned if the Chief found out he would get upset with her.

But, no one told her she couldn't discuss the situation. Just not to continue the investigation.

"May?"

"Yeah?" May's voice could be heard from behind (Y/n)'s computer.

"I don't know if this is such a good idea anymore," (Y/n) rubbed her palms together

"Don't back out now!" May pleaded, "please, this might be good for you,"

(Y/n) sighed, lower her head. The two sat in an uncomfortable silence as the last few people left. Once they knew they were alone, both women stood up in sync. The two began to walk over to Lui Woods office.

His office wasn't necessary anything amazing. The door itself was old and beaten. When they knocked, it had a large echo.

"I'm regretting multiple life choices right now," (Y/n) whispered to May as the door opened.

"Who's there?"

A rasped voice asked. Both women looked over at each other slightly out of ease.

"It's May and (Y/n)! We're here to talk to you,"

The door opened slightly to reveal a man much older than the two of them. His long brown hair covered his face, although (Y/n) could see the clear scars across his lower face and neck.

Lui wore a long black button shirt that was too big on him with matching black sacks. His outfit wasn't the uniform they are supposed to be wearing, however Lui spends his time away from others.

"You two must be lost," Lui's low voice managed to say, "this is the department for the detective who's working on the Cold Cases. You two are in the main department with the other detectives,"

"Actually that's why we're here," (Y/n) walked inside his office without warning, "I can't seem to remember anything from my incident. It seems like my memory is trying to block everything that's happened."

"Ok? And what does this have to do with me?" Lui crossed his arms as May followed behind her friend

"May and I think it has something to do with the Cold Cases, especially since I'm having similar symptoms like the other surviving victims,"

"I heard you've been experiencing amensia," Lui rolled his eyes.

Lui began to walk over to his desk that wasn't far from the door. Lui's office was surprising small, not having the space necessary for three people. (Y/n) took notice the newspapers clipping all over the right wall, each a different time or story.

"Everytime I try to remember, my head is blocking out the memories. All I remember is getting inside May's car,"

"What about before?" Lui asked as he sat down, putting on a voice recorder. Lui also took out a note book and a pen

"Before?" (Y/n) sighed, "not much, I remember going into my apartment,"

"And?" Lui pressed on, now interested.

He would be lying to say that Officer's (L/n) case didn't interest him. Especially with how much similarities she had with the other victims who survived.

"I remember going into the bath..." (Y/n)'s head began to pound. She immediately placed one hand on her head

"C'mon (L/n), push through it," May encouraged her, "what else do you remember?"

"I remember....I-"

(Y/n)'s head began to fill with static as she tried to remember. The last imagine she could see was her closet. She remembered hearing heavy breathing inside.

"I can't," (Y/n) could barely whisper out.

Lui walked over and grabbed both her shoulders, pushing May to the side.

"You have to! Officer Trent is dead! Remember!"

"I-I can't!" (Y/n)'s head began to pound harder as she tried her hardest. Her eyes began to water as she held her head with both hands, "It hurts, please,"

"What did you see in the forest (Y/n)! What are you trying to hide!"

"The-the forest," (Y/n) began to whisper out, her head pounded worse as she tried to remember, "I remember T-T-T,"

"Who!" Lui shouted, shaking her. "Who do you remember!"

"Lui! Cut it out!" May began to worry about her friend, seeing how close she was to another panic attack, "I don't think this will-"

Right as May began to speak, (Y/n)'s vision went white.

"I remember Toby," (Y/n) whispered as her legs gave out. She fell directly into Lui's arms.

"Toby? Who's Toby?" May asked, shocked at (Y/n) for remembering something.

Everytime she tried, she would always pass out.

"I remember Toby being at my apartment that night," (Y/n) shamefully admitted, "I....I don't know why but I feel something towards him,"

Lui and May were quiet. Something wasn't right with how (Y/n) looked. Lui kept his arms around the shaken (Y/n) but looked over at May. Both had the same idea, but neither of them dared to say it.

"(Y/n)," Lui pulled her away to keep eye contact with her, "Do you have feelings for this Toby?"

"I..." (Y/n) looked down, avoiding her friend's burning gaze, "I do have feelings towards him,"

~~~

I tried to update last week but school and work got me too busy.

Sorry to keep y'all waiting!