Chapter 25

The duo were waken up by loud pounding on the door. (Y/n) immediately grabbed her gun, while looking over at Toby.

The two waited for a moment, before hearing the laughter behind the door. Toby and her stood up, knowing that the worst could happen.

"Knock Knock, Tik-Tok,"

Hearing the familiar voice of Clockwork caused both to look at each other. (Y/n) muttered to him a quiet, "What the fuck!"

But Toby lifted a finger over his mouth to indicate to remain quiet. The two stayed in the same position before the door began to shake intensely.

(Y/n) took the gun off safety mode and lifted it towards the door. Her breathing getting more hitched as the anxiety began to rush through her.

Toby looked around the room as he searched for the backpack. Before arriving to the motel, they got a backpack to hide his hatches. His eyes frantically searched before landing on the bag.

As the knocking continued, Toby pulled them out and began to make his way towards the door. (Y/n) followed back, slowly as to not accidentally do something she would regret. They both stopped as the knocking slowed down. (Y/n) raised her gun up, giving Toby a quick glance.

When his eyes met hers, the whole room felt quiet. It was dead silent before a faint static began.

They both turned around to see the TV, quickly flashing through the channels with the static growing louder. They heard the door knock louder, which cause them both to snap from their trance.

(Y/n) grabbed onto Toby's arm and began to pull him towards the window. They could hear the laughter coming from the other side of the door as the channels switch faster.

For once, (Y/n) thanked for Toby's judgement. He had insisted on getting a first level room. Which now, came in handy. She opened the window and pulled Toby out with her.

Toby grabbed (Y/n)'s hand as they both ran off into the parking lot of the hotel. The only source of light was the street lamps, which illuminated the night.

Toby asked for (Y/n)'s phone, which she handed over to him. (Y/n) watched in horror as Toby snapped her phone again, like it was nothing.

"Dude again?!" She asked in disbelief

"Trust me, Clockwork we can deal with. BEN we cannot," Toby didn't explain further

He grabbed her hand to guide her away before he saw a feminine figure walk closer. He saw her long brown hair and knew who it was.

"Clockwork," he muttered

(Y/n)'s face turned one of surprised, not expecting to see her again. She watched as the thin woman twisted her knife around, in a taunting way. Toby looked back at (Y/n), not knowing what to do.

"Toby! Baby, let's go. I've missed you so much!" Clockwork's voice rang out

"Toby," (Y/n) mumbled, "I wasn't looking forward to fighting with your ex,"

"We never dated," Toby mumbled back, "it's important for me for you to know that I never found her attractive,"

"Why? Was I your first crush?" (Y/n) teased as Clockwork stopped in her tracks.

(Y/n) gave her a little smirk, knowing she heard her, "Because it's a little flattering,"

Toby gave her a wide eye look as Clockwork spoke, "Oh? So now your interested in him? I've found him attractive since before you two met,"

"Yet you weren't picked," (Y/n) gave her a shit eating grin, "Were you?"

"You got a death wish or something?" Toby asked as he pushed her behind him, "Don't provoke crazy,"

"Oh please, she's got a knife and I got a gun," (Y/n) rolled her eyes

"Shut up! I've been waiting for this moment since the day you got to the mansion. Your time is up-"

BAM

(Y/n) lifted her gun and shot her foot. Toby looked back at (Y/n) who stayed glaring at Clockwork.

The brunette let out a string of curses. (Y/n) gave her a small smile, knowing unlike Toby, she could feel pain.

Toby looked at the two women in astonishment. Not guessing that would've happen. He let out a laugh as he looked at (Y/n).

"What was that?!" He said through a smile

"Most times the criminals like the long monologue, we don't got time for that," (Y/n) offered her hand, "Let's just go wait by the train station,"

Toby took her hand as they started to walk away. They made their way near Clockwork who was trying to stand up to catch up with the two. But they didn't even bother looking back.

(Y/n) turned her head back, making eye contact with the woman. She gave Clockwork a smirk as she hugged Toby's arm. She could feel Clock's jealous the further they walked away. Toby couldn't even hear Clockwork's tantrum, not with (Y/n) holding onto him.