Chapter 8

Toby, now blinded by the anger of Trent, left (Y/n)'s apartment without his mask or his googles and left (Y/n) tied to a chair.

Things were going to be different.

He was no longer going to play it safe with (Y/n), if she didn't want to understand that she was his and only his then then Toby needed to show her.

Toby walked down a street where Trent's house was. He learned where Trent lived after following (Y/n) one night. Turns out the two were always close. Which Toby hates. 

Trent was the guy that Toby wished he was before he was a proxy. Tall, muscular, confident.

Everything he wasn't.

Toby arrived at his house, a nice blue house with a white fence. The house itself wasn't a far walk from (Y/n)'s apartment.

God, even Trent's house looked better than his old house.

Toby walked towards the back of the house, jumping over the fence with ease. It was just like the various jobs before, go in get out. Simple. With a smirk Toby reached down to his hatches as he realized something.

He didn't have them.

Toby didn't bring his hatches! He immediately slapped his head in frustration. How was he supposed to get this over with now? With a sigh Toby checked to see if the backdoor was unlocked. A small sigh of relief left his body as he opened the door with ease.

Walking inside, it wasn't much for the house. It seemed fancy, with lots of pictures around the walls. A nice cool tone living room, a stairway that led upstairs and a kitchen that seemed very tidy. The whole house seemed to be extremely clean, with little signs of someone living here. Toby walked around slowly, entering the kitchen. He went over to the cupboards looking inside to find foods that didn't interest him.

Toby's eyes landed on a set of kitchen knifes that Trent had on display. We slowly walked over and picked up a medium sized one. With a smile he twirled the knife around his hand as he made his way up the stairs.

Slowly taking step after step, the silent house creaked as Toby finally reached the top. The long slender hallway had only two door, one was wide open revealing the bathroom. The other was shut.

Toby walked over and slowly entered the bedroom. His tics were the only thing you could hear inside the room. He walked slowly, almost dragging himself across the room. The knife shine bright under the moonlight. Toby reached the bed, where Trent was peacefully sleeping.

Toby grabbed Trent's mouth and nose, which caused the blonde to suddenly wake up in a panic. The look across Trent's face cause Toby to burst out in insane laughter. After a few minutes, silence rang across the now empty house. The only thing you could hear was the dripping on the upstairs bedroom.

~~~

(Y/n) felt as if her whole body suddenly jolted awake. She desperately looked around to see where she was. (Y/n) took in the familiar bedroom realising she was still in her apartment.

She tried to get up, but was quickly met with the bounds keeping her tied to the chair she was sitting. (Y/n) yelped I surprise, but was quickly met with the rope tied around her mouth.

(Y/n) tried to wiggle around to no avail, she ended up only hurting her wrists. For now she decided to wait.

She lowered her head, in shame and in guilt. (Y/n) was a police officer, things like this shouldn't happen to her. She was supposed to protect people. Yet she couldn't protect herself?

And now where Toby? Why did he leave her like this?

Right when she was thinking, she heard her door open. (Y/n) listened as heavy footsteps walked around, stopping.

Her bedroom door opened to reveal Toby, his hair messy and wearing a different shirt than what she remembers. (Y/n) was pretty sure he was wearing a hoodie.

"H-honey I'm home!" Toby smiled, he laughed to himself as he felt his hair. "S-sorry just got back from, work,"

Toby put a lot of emphasis to "work", which made (Y/n)'s stomach drop. Toby noticed her reaction and only smiled. His smiled was laced with insanity.

"Do you like the shirt?" He looked at himself in the mirror. "I took it from that idiot blonde."

Toby pointed at the shirt while looking at (Y/n). After his encounter with Trent, Tony began to look through his things. He found the same shirt he was wearing from the horrid picture on (Y/n)'s now broken phone. Although he hated Trent and hated wearing his shirt, Toby knew (Y/n) liked the shirt.

Why else would Trent be in that picture?

He only ruined the picture with his presence. He ruined (Y/n)'s beauty just by being around her. But Toby wanted (y/n) to feel comfortable as she did with Trent. And if dressing like him will get the job done then so be it.

(Y/n) just needs to realize Toby was the one she should depend on.

"D-d-don't worry too much love," Toby said as he grabbed he cheek loving "he won't bother you anymore."

(Y/n) tried her best to move around the seat, Toby's words only increased her worry.

What did he mean by that? What did he do?

"H-he's gone (Y/n)," Toby leaned in kissing her forehead. (Y/n)'s vison blurred with tears.

She finally knew what he was talking about.

Her dear friend Trent, wasn't with her anymore.

"Don't cry," Toby soothed, "we'll be safe now, I'm taking you back with me,"

(Y/n) began to thrash around, which Toby ignored.

"We'll be happy together," Toby continued, "you won't have to worry about anything else other than me,"

(Y/n)'s tears ran down her face as Toby put on her backpack. Holding her car keys.

With a sudden movement Toby untied her from the chair, but kept (Y/n)'s hands and mouth tied up. He picked her up bridal style and walked over to her open window.

(Y/n) had finally given up on trying to escape the man she once saw as a friend and let him take her where he wanted. She was tired, it was a long night.

Toby was able to climb down the fire escape stairs of the side of the apartment. The same ones he climbed when he first entered in the afternoon.

It was now five in the morning and as Toby made the last few steps, the sun began to rise from above the buildings and trees.

Toby walked over the empty parking lot as he reached (Y/n)'s car. He slowly opened the passenger door and placed (y/n) inside like a doll. Toby entered the driver's side, threw the backpack at the back.

He then began to drive towards the woods, singing to familiar songs while smiling towards a now tramatized (Y/n) as the sun rises on a new future for the both of them.