Chapter 12

'I guess I should have known' (Y/n) thought as she watched Toby forcefully shove the girl from the bedroom door. (Y/n) was reminded by Toby to stay inside at all times. She nodded her head as she watched Toby slam the door shut. (Y/n) immediately got up from the bed and began to tug around the rope of her hands. Her wrists burned from how long they been tied.

~~~

A loud thud could be heard in the hallway. Toby's eyes burned a hole against Clockwork as he had he pinned against the wall. Toby loomed over Clockwork as he twitched in anger.

How dare she? How could she say that to you? To Toby he couldn't comprehend why anyone wanted to hurt you.

But he wasn't going to let anyone hurt you, even if Clock was a pasta.

He'll kill her like he did with Trent to make sure (Y/n) is his.

"Toby~ hun~ I didn't mean it like that!" Clockwork tried to reason with Toby. He was currently holding her up by her shirt.

She wasn't stupid, Clockwork knows Toby strength. When pushed the wrong way he could be tough.

Then again, it is Toby who they were talking about.

Toby can't even fight against Jeff. She remembers clear as day how Jeff put Toby in his place when he first arrived in the mansion.

Still, she wasn't Jeff. Clockwork wasn't as strong as Jeff. She only get away with situations by her wits.

"Hun, you know I-"

"Don't call me hun,"

Clockwork stared at him surprised. Never had Toby not twitched or stuttered when talking. Hearing his voice now made her feel uneasy.

"Keep that mouth stitched together and listen closely," Toby sneered at Clock, "(Y/n) is mine, I don't want you or any other pasta to come near her."

"Please, you've only known her for about a couple months. She probably doesn't even know what you are or who you are." Clock's face turned from one of surprised to pure taunting "I bet ya she doesn't even know what our boss is! Do you really expect to keep her here alive for more than a day?"

Toby face stayed stone cold, he instantly let go of Clockwork's shirt as she fell down. She gave him a smirk of satisfaction, before Toby pulled out one of his hatched and hit the wall. He watched as he chopped a chunk of her hair, causing Clockwork to panic. He grabbed her neck and brought her closer to him.

"Don't. Test. Me." His gripped tighted as he gave her a large smile, "Next time, I. Won't. Miss."

He dropped her and turned back around. Toby opened the door and closed it loudly. The echo could be heard as Clockwork continued to try and regain her breath. In her shaken stake she looked back at the hatchet in the wall with her large chunk of hair on the floor. She slowly brought her hand where her hair was cut, Clock took a deep breath and rushed down the hallway back into her room.

~~~

Toby saw (Y/n) struggling with the knots around her hand.  They made awkward eye contact as she laughed at the situation she was caught in.

"You uh," (y/n) lifted her hands, "never took off the rope."

"Yeah I know," Toby smiled at her.

Maybe they could work out. Maybe Clockwork was wrong. (Y/n) could definitely see past the troubles and learn to love him. She just needs time.

"Come here," Toby walked over to (Y/n) and began to untie her hands. His scared hands carefully brushed against her soft hand. His face flushed a warm color as he finished untying.

He looked back at (Y/n), half of him feeling tense knowing she was free. Toby expected her to punch her, he expected her to react quickly and try her best to escape.

Instead, (Y/n) just stood in place. She rubbed her wrists where the rope was. Her (e/c) eyes met his dark brown ones.

"Okay," She grabbed her stomach, "I'm hungry now,"

Toby blinked. Once. Twice. Until the words settled in.

She was hungry?

Oh shit, she's hungry!

"You haven't eaten! Since when?" Toby asked in a panic. (Y/n) only shrugged and said back,

"Well you kidnapped me before I ate dinner," her attention went back to his window "it seems like a whole day has passed, so maybe for a day?"

Toby rushed around the room, hating the feeling of him not knowing what to do. He forgot that humans need to eat.

"Okay okay don't panic," Toby quickly looked back at (Y/n) "I'll make you a sandwich. Don't worry I know you'll like it! I know everything you like,"

(Y/n) gave him a weirded out look as he left the room for the third time. She walked over the door and placed her head next to it. (Y/n) heard Toby's footsteps slowly fading away.

As she knew he wasn't there, she quickly ran over to the window in Toby's room. She tested the window to see if it would open. After a few seconds of lifting, (Y/n) managed to get the window open slightly.

She smiled to herself before opening the window fully. (Y/n) stuck her head out before she stopped herself. Her eyes looked around the woods as the sun began to set down in the distance.

(Y/n) couldn't bring herself to leave, at least not yet. Her heart began to beat a mile a minute, why couldn't she just jumped?

Why it was so hard to do?

She stood there staring at the open window for a few minutes as Toby came back inside the room. He froze in place as he saw (Y/n) next to the open window.

His face turned shocked as (Y/n) slowly lifted her hands and closed the window again. She turned around slowly and met Toby's surprised face and only shrugged at him.

"It was stuffy, I needed fresh air for a second,"

(Y/n) sat down at the bed as Toby handed her the sandwich made. His face smiled as she hummed while eating her food and they both sat in the dark together.