Chapter 24

(Y/n) looked at Toby, her eyes never breaking contact with his. She only studied his movements. His slight twitches and his uneven breathing was one of the few things she noted about him.

She knew next to nothing about this man. Only what he had said and what she read. Sure, maybe at one point she would've admitted he was kinda cute. But (Y/n) couldn't say she loved him. Not after learning the truth. Not after everything that's happened.

And if they haven't run into eachother, she wondered what he would've done in getting her back.

Toby looked down at the bed sheets, knowing her answer. Even without her saying it, he knew.

"Y-you liked T-Trent?"

(Y/n) shook her head no.

"Trent always asked me out. But I didn't ever agree," (Y/n) admitted, "We we're friends, but I couldn't see myself with him,"

Toby looked back at her as she continued on,

"With all my friends I kept a distance,"

"Because of what happened with Jeff?"

Hearing Toby mentioned him, her hand immediately went to her side. Toby's eyebrows knitted in confusion as (Y/n)'s twisted into one of fear.

Almost forgetting the original topic, Toby jumped ontop of her. Despite her protests, Toby lifted her shirt to reveal a large scar across her lower body. Toby stood up, looking at (Y/n). His eyes were widen as (Y/n) sat up on the bed, lowering her shirt.

"I told you not too!" She said

"I knew you got away from Jeff," Toby pointed at her, "But you survived his attack?!"

(Y/n) eyes went wide in fear. Immediately knowing that she had to explain her story to him. (Y/n) looked down as Toby sat himself back on his original spot.

"I wasn't much older than 16," (Y/n) shrugged. "It was a dare. I was afraid of going in by myself,"

"I asked my friend if she could come in with me. She agreed, but kept calling me a pussy," (Y/n) let out a dry laugh, "We got lost. We went in too deep. Without cell service, we couldn't do much."

(Y/n) lifted her head up, looking directly at Toby, "We we're then being chased down. I don't even remember how it started. I just remembered the adrenaline of the chase. He got to me first, he only stabbed me once and left me to bleed out. She kept running."

"I tried keeping up, but my vison blurred, my body lost too much blood and I finally fainted. The guys who dared me to go in had began to look for us and found me in the ground. They told me they immediately picked me up and ran back to take me to the hospital. It was a miracle that I lived."

"And your friend?" Toby asked

"The guys only found my body," (Y/n) let out a sigh, "Police found hers the next day, with a smile carved into her cheeks and several stab wounds. Where I was found, the tree next to where I was fainted had a smile carved into it. Police later said that it was carved with the same knife that attacked me and killed her. They had found it not from from her body."

Toby remained silent. He didn't know what to say. One minute they made out the next he was given her backstory.

He watched as (Y/n) lean back into the bed. Her head resting on the side,

"It's why I became a cop, to do an actual good job compared to those pigs." She let out another dry laugh, "And look at what that got me,"

"You got me," Toby shrugged, offering her a smile

(Y/n) turned to her side, not saying another word.

~~~

Toby absent-mindedly scrolled through the TV, looking for something to watch. After the confusing talk with (Y/n), she fell asleep on the bed. He decided to try and keep himself entertained.

A part of him wondered if this was a good idea. Running away from Slender wasn't part of his original plan. But if his "sister" was a clue, it means that if he were to take (Y/n) back to the mansion, she wouldn't have made it out alive.

He knows the longer they stay in this area, the more likely they'll be found. His idea is just go help (Y/n) get out of the state.

Toby looked back down at (Y/n), laying down next to her. He carefully wrapped his arms around her and smiled softly. For once Toby fell asleep instantly.

~~~