Chapter | EIGHT

[GREEN MEANS GO]

'One guy can make you hate all the guys but one man can teach you that not all guys are the same.'

I was staring blankly at the huge crowd, maybe still tired from work yesterday or maybe just that perpetual exhaustion that I was dragging since I started the weekend job at Hannam though I must admit - I have never been that motivated to show up at work not to do the same shit that I am doing in the hotel but just to see D.O.

I twitch my head slightly, I need exceptional focus right now. FOCUS.

This car show is way bigger than the last one in Mapo-gu. Expensive luxury cars were lined up in the arena and far from the last one - this show seems to radiate a more extravagant set-up, cocktails and drinks are everywhere while the place was turned into a high-end museum for these beauties.

I  changed into a black-sleeved bodice that's was just above my knees while my hair just straightened out tucked neatly behind my ears. Ji A instructed the make-up artist not to put on heaps of colors so she just kept a natural-looking make-up on me except for the red lippies which I like.

Gently, I pull my dress down as it seems a little too small for me - I do have a typical Korean body shape except for the bust that seems to be a blessing for others but that wasn't always the case for me, I just grew comfortable and confident about it since there's nothing else I can do about it.

"You ready?" Ji A asked after approaching me with the widest beam.

I have to be in my best character today and make sure that the brand will sell millions more than the last event. Another model came in donning a more brazen outfit compare to mine, she seems young to be wearing such and to be doing a job like this but who am I to conclude that anyway.

"Lee Minji, the same age as you - she'll be helping you out today." Ji A introduced the lady who displays quite a cheerful mood and happens to be the same age as I am - great judgment Kang Sera.

"Hi!" she greeted in a lively tone in which I returned with a smile before waving my hand to her.

"You two will be working on two shows this week so, get along well and sell these damn cars so we can get more bonus from the big guy - okay?" Ji A patted my bum before walking away probably for a smoke.

"Hey! It's nice to have someone around at least I won't be bored to death while growing some veins on both legs." I greeted to which she returns with a giggle.

"I know, it sucks that we have to stand next to these expensive cars all day and smile at random strangers hoping they can spend their millions on our brand" she breathed out in response which sounds exactly like what I was thinking, this gal is cute and cool like me - I like her.

"I don't think you'll have a hard time doing that Minji, you look bomb!" I genuinely complimented her, she looks really confident and that's pretty much striking at least to me.

"Coming from the good-looking one? I have heard a lot about you, Kang Sera! I think you are way prettier in person than in pictures." she remarked with a childish tone fitting her small frame.

"Who, me? No! You must've heard it wrong, babe though I hope you heard only good stuff about me." I cackle awkwardly, not a common compliment to hear from a woman my age but - oh - kay.

"Yeah! Only good ones, Sera. You are quite a name in the agency and everyone knows you - from that beer or the bottled coffee and the energy drink campaign. Oh and the car racing one!" she breathlessly grumbles while staring at me adorably.

HIS AFTERGLOWजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें