Chapter | TWENTY-THREE

[BELOW ZERO]

'The hardest part about walking away from someone is when you realize that, no matter how slowly you go, they will never run after you.'

Seoul is still freezing but the streets are now decorated with Christmas ornaments which absolutely gave that holiday feels. I dropped by at Jongnu-gu to submit my credentials to the main office, sign a few papers to confirm my enrollment which actually consumes my whole day.

Baekhyun arrived earlier this morning and went straight to Mapo-gu for a car show event. After I sent that message yesterday, he never responded. Just a short message this morning to let me know that he's finally in Seoul - exciting.

I darted my attention outside the cab's window absolutely delighted by how festive the streets how I wish my feelings can be this interesting right now but I guess I would have to endure this black and white shit until later. 

I felt my phone humming inside my purse which instantly breaks my daydreaming. I took a deep breath without even thinking that I would need more deep breaths after reading that message.

'I am already home. Your Aunt and cousin are here, I'll wait for you. Keep safe.'

As soon as I was out of the cab, I rushed inside the building then went straight to the penthouse elevator, I am not okay and I can literally feel every muscle in my body trembling in rage.

Forthwith after the lift reached the penthouse floor, I instantly saw Baekhyun with both his hands inside his pocket talking to Aunt Minyoung and Seohyun.

Baekhyun was startled when he saw me but quickly changed into a serious appearance when he noticed how fucked-up my expression was. Aunt Minyoung and Seohyun were looking all happy and I think the thick envelope that they were clutching into was the reason.

"Sera-"

"Give it back to him!" I remarked sternly without even responding to Baekhyunie.

"What do you mean?" Aunt Minyoung feigned not knowing what I was pertaining to while she simply tucked the envelope inside her cardigan.

"Hey, it's fine." Baekhyun tried to oppose me but this is situation is not fine at all.

"Eonnie, Baekhyun Oppa gave this to us cause you don't want to help us anymore and -"

"Didn't you just hear me? Give those back to him!" I shouted which stunned the three of them particularly Baekhyun while I was heaving deeply almost on verge of bursting into tears.

"Ya! You ungrateful and selfish brat! If not for your neighbors we wouldn't even know that you are dating someone like Baekhyun, you didn't even introduce us to this fine gentleman." Aunt Minyoung hissed grinning like a fucking devil.

"Ungrateful and selfish?" I scoffed though I can already feel tears polling around my eyes because of the embarrassment and anger, these people don't have any idea that I am literally walking on broken glass with Baekhyun right now and this situation is not helping at all.

"Give it back and please leave, we already talked about this last week. I don't know what else do you want from me but if it's just money that you need, I will give you what I have just please, give it back to him." I begged in a rushed tone.

"Sera, it's alright. Your Aunt said that their house was taken away by the new owner, someone bought the whole land so she and your cousin are renting an apartment in Seodamun for almost a week now." Baekhyun explained holding onto my wrist, even his hand is freezing.