Chapter | FOURTEEN

[THE OTHER WAY AROUND]

'Never regret something that once made you happy, in the end - we only regret the things we didn't do when we had the chance.'

Days are literally dragging though I spent each like the usual there was still that significant heaviness dimming my chest. I still work at the hotel then have Tuesday and Thursday unfilled since I dropped the modeling gig with BMT.

I'd rather lose that job than go on hiding just to avoid the possibility of having that awkward atmosphere between us if ever we come across each other. Ji A was reluctant to agree at first but when I told her that I just need a break and promised to come back once I got my shit sorted out - she eventually buys it and let me go.

I am not completely alright but dying from heartbreak is not an option, at least to me who have two more mouths to feed and a whole lot of responsibilities to worry about. I have to breathe and work cause life doesn't stop when you kinda fucked-up a tiny part of it.

"Hey!" I sang in a lively vibe.

I came in a little late as we only have about an hour before opening up. No response, so I just tossed my bag on the bar counter before pulling myself up on the stool. As soon as I lift my head to check on both Narae and Zion, they were both gaping as if they were so stunned to catch a glimpse of me reporting back to work. 

"What?" I charged with both my eyebrows furrowing then burst out into a shortened giggle - I don't know what's wrong with these two but they are acting quite strange.

"Why are you here? I mean - are you okay like ow-kay, going to work as in now?" Zion answered swirling his finger in the air as if he was poking something.

"That's a stupid question, Jung but not surprising if it's from you and to answer that - it's freaking Saturday so I have to go to work cause my regulars will be looking for me." I returned pulling out my stuff from my purse. "Want to tell me what's with the surprised faces?"

"Sera, are you sure you are going back to work after -" Narae halted sounding a bit hesitant to even say it.

"Byun Baekhyun?" I mumble his name clearly.

They looked at each other then threw their weird gazes at me as if mentioning his name was forbidden, well saying it still carries that sting but it's not as if I'll choke to death if I ever say it. 

"You two are like my best friends so of all bitches in here you guys should know that I am not the type who dwells on impossible shit as if crying over it would change anything. It's nothing serious and I need to work so stop looking at me like I am a pathetic soul." I countered then roll my eyes before retouching my make-up.

"Says the bitch who was bawling her eyes out just about a week ago while squeezing us to get drunk with you? We are just surprised as to how you moved on that fast." Zion jeered.

"Move on from what exactly? It's not as if Baekhyun and I dated, technically he wasn't an ex-boyfriend. I was just being an emotional bitch and I do regret crying over him like that." I proved with a tight-lipped smile.

"But he was an ex-something, an ex-maybe, an ex-almost? You know that all too well Sera." Narae asserted while wiping her glasses on the bar.

"Wow! Thank you so much for pointing out how shitty I am when it comes to deciding for myself, Kim Narae but really - I am okay now so stop giving me those eyes, it's kinda annoying!"

Both of them just gave me that 'yeah! right' kinda stare, probably unraveling if I am fibbing or not. I am absolutely lying.

There was not a day that Baekhyunie doesn't intrude on my thoughts and every night was like torture when images of him flood my head mercilessly until I fell asleep feeling all heartsick - I despise that feeling but that's the only way I can move on from my 'almost'.