Chapter | TWENTY

[THE LOSING SIDE]

'You know you really love someone when you don't hate them for breaking your heart.'

Kyungsoo didn't come to the bar with Mr. Lee last night.

I thought I would feel relieved with the sudden change in his plan but I have this weird impression that there was a more profound reason for his absence than just being exhausted as Mr. Lee quoted it.

It was a long night, a few ruckuses caused by high school students wanting to get in then their older gang members doing a clap back against the Bruno Bros., and an entire drama about a drunkard customer touching one of the waitresses ass - a common shitty night at the bar.

Baekhyun called around eleven during my first break and before he went to bed, we were able to talk until he fell asleep while chatting with me. His hushed snores and soft breathing were the most endearing sound so I just basically listened to it until my break ends.

As usual, the shift was absolutely exhausting and I can already feel my body aching from my back down to my feet. I just find consolation with the fact that I am off from work today, already plotting a hibernation scheme if Baekhyun doesn't have any plan for us though I doubt he'd stay quiet all day.

Soon after I got out of the cab, I glanced at my phone that clearly states 4:16 AM which means I still have time to rest even before Baekhyun starts his day. 

I did a full stretch and yawn not caring if someone sees me, the streets are still empty anyway but as soon as I face ahead, I was freaking wrong and completely startled to be greeted by that familiar face.

He was standing in front of the cafe just a few blocks from my apartment wearing his all-black ensemble - both his hands were inside his coat along with a cap and his usual black specs, with both his bright orbs staring at me.

"Do Kyungsoo."

"Good morning!" he murmured sounding so pleased to see me as he was literally beaming from ear to ear, I absolutely despise this scene right now.

I invited him to come with me, not sure how long he was waiting there during these frigid hours. It's not as if we can talk properly outside, I can't also push him away and make him come back later only to do the same shit which is to tell him about Baekhyun.

"You have a really cute house, Sera." he commented in his normal cold and flat voice as soon as we enter my home.

"This is just the same size as your bathroom downstairs but yeah, this is pretty much what I can afford at the moment." I nervously retorted getting some cups on the cupboard.

"Still, it's a home and it's really neat and very chic - which is a bit surprising." he countered to which I respond with an apprehensive giggle.

"I'll take that as a compliment, thank you. Please, have a seat and some coffee?" I proposed after he pulls one of the seats at the dining table still roaming his eyes around. 

Kyungsoo took the cup and sipped a few times then smiled looking all satisfied, I occupied the chair just across him then gulped some from my cup and I almost choke when I tasted how bitter it was - damn, my head is surely floating somewhere else.

He chortled upon noticing my stupid reaction then mouthed 'It's perfect.', I forced an awkward smile in response - why does he have to be so soft like this today.

"I thought you'll drop by the bar last night with Mr. Lee." I stated desperately aching to start a conversation with him.

"I was about to but I was so exhausted with the flight. I'm sorry if I disturbed you by coming here this early, I felt like I just have to make it up to you for not being able to drop by last night." he countered in a serious tone.