Chapter | TWENTY-SIX

[ON REPEAT]

'It is possible that love needs a second chance maybe because it didn't feel right the first time around, have enough guts to trust and love one more time.'

"You will be Chef Do's Administrative Assistant." the Branch Manager confirmed after the interview.

After almost half an hour of answering all her questions, I can't just believe that I got in when all she did earlier was to make me feel as if my responses don't have any bearing.

"What? Admin - Administrative Assistant? For Chef Do? Me?" I verified, not entirely sure as I didn't originally apply for the position.

"Yes, Miss Kang. You will have to take care of his personal phone calls, meetings, and appointments. You will also monitor the accuracy of employee clock in and clock outs, keep track of papers coming in and out of the office, assist location chefs in typing projects, and additionally process all human resources-related paperwork." she clarified the job description with a smile.

"Okay, uhm. Sorry, Ms. Hwang, I was just a little overwhelmed with the opportunity. I thought I was applying for food and beverage services but Administrative Assistant, I was - thank you so much. When will I start?" I know I might already sound like a confused potato, well I am.

I was aiming for the service staff post basically for F&B services for their Branch in Myeong-dong but I think someone really meant it when they said something about a special position.

"Today." Kyungsoo came inside the office beaming brightly. Ms. Hwang stood up and tilt her head to greet her boss, I mean our boss so I quickly rose from my seat and did the same.

"Chef, I already gave a rundown of her task. I think Sera will do well as your assistant" Ms. Hwang smiled then turn her head to me when Kyungsoo nods in response.

"I'll go ahead now and have fun with your first day Sera-shi. See you around!" she remarked then march outward of the office which left us inside.

He smiled then took a deep breath, I have a feeling that he was not really hands-off with the process since he seems too excited with just the idea of me being his AA. 

Weirdly, I am too. 

"This is your table next to mine, you can sit here!" Kyungsoo walks over to the white table next to his then tapped the chair excitedly.

I stood up from the couch then walk towards where he was, the table looks prepared with a MacBook and Ipad neatly arranged on the surface, a few office supplies on the side. I chuckled then tried the seat, it feels so comfy. 

"Since you are just complying with on-the-job training which means not full-time employment, I will have to require you to report during Saturday and Monday assuming that's your day-off from the hotel job so you can have Sunday as a rest day." 

I nod to acknowledge his statement, he took his seat then wheel it near mine before handing me a folder that has the contract for me to sign, the proposed schedule looks okay. I can rest on Sunday and just work on regular days of the week, nine to four in the hotel then five to ten at The Cheese House as this man's AA.

"Your paygrade will be the same as the regulars, same benefits and all." Kyungsoo remarked while I was checking on the file before signing it.

"A possible regularization if you would enjoy working here with me." he added.

I quickly glanced at him upon hearing his last statement, regularization means he is willing to hire me after the job training and it would depend on my own preference.