Chapter | NINETEEN

[QUITE A HANDFUL]

'Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and start being excited of what could go right.'

"So you and Frostie are like - a thing now? like for real?" Narae exclaimed both her eyes obviously shocked with my unexpected confession.

"Yeah, we are. You guys know how much I love him, I would never have the heart to push that man away." I reasoned out then breathe profoundly.

I told Narae and Zion about what happened for the last two days when I was out,  and judging by their faces right now - they were a bit surprised. This was not a first, I already got used to seeing this reaction when Baekhyun introduced me to almost every guest at the party last night and these very responses are quite consistent.

"We do know that you love Byun Baekhyun but I am just worried about the other one, he'll be here tomorrow and according to Chewie, the guy was excited to go back to Seoul cause of you - no pressure." Narae responded while busily arranging the bottles as I hand them over to her from the box.

"Here comes trouble!" Zion jeered while putting on some gloss on his almost chapped lips, I intently shoved his body which causes him to miss his lower lips with the gloss applicator scraping all the way to his cheekbones. 

"Ya! That was a joke bish! Aish, look what you did!" he whined then move as if he was gonna stab me with the gloss' nozzle while Narae is almost dying laughing out loud.

"Really Jung? It's not as if I am cheating on anyone though I really feel bad about making him go through all this. I guess I don't have much choice but to be that bitch again." I admitted in a downright tone.

"Hey, stop! In love, all is fair and stupid so just tell him. Kyungsoo is a good man so I am sure that he'll understand, he should! Don't overthink!" Narae remarked with a bright beam.

I am relieved, at least I have these two on my side. Sometimes I just really need that gentle nudge at the back to affirm that whatever my decision was - I just did right.

"We are really happy for you, bub, and welcome to the club." she continued after finishing up with the bottles.

Baekhyun's family doesn't seem to share the same feeling when he introduced me to them.

"You two are in the same club? I am genuinely offended by that Kim Narae, thank you!" Zion mocked, closing the lid of his lip gloss before shoving it inside his purse.

"What are you bitching about? You should go out with that Lucas guy, watch movies, go to the park or do whatever. You know he is so into you Zion - you are just being a fussy bish! Date him and you might get the chance to join the club." Narae teased.

Should I be glad that at least these two are happy for me?

Last night was undeniably awkward and to make it even more unusual - Chairman Byun, who looks like an old version of Baekhyun never did say a word to me. He just slightly nods after the introduction and the same goes with his wife who seems to relish scowling at me for no damn reason.

As for Cinderella's evil stepsisters who both came a little late, they literally made the encounter even more strange. Lee Minhi was the older one and Lee Minji, like the Minji from the Myeong-dong car show, was the youngest - now I am sure that woman is dead-ass obsessed with Byun Baekhyun.

Far out they were the oddest people I have ever met, Baekhyunie was not kidding when he said that his family is peculiar but I never really mind shit cause I just wanted to appreciate spending the night with him.