Chapter | TWENTY-EIGHT

[THE WAY HE LOVES]

'With the right person, it feels simple. Even when it's difficult it feels simple. Because you never question if it's worth it. You know the answer is YES.'

I was awakened by that familiar warmth and scent forcing me to open one eye just to confirm what I was imagining and it was him. Kyungsoo bestowed me another kiss on the forehead as it seems I fell asleep while reviewing for my finals tomorrow.

"Are you tired?" he asked then scoot down to his carpeted floor right next to me.

Still sluggish I winch my body up from slouching on his coffee table then did a full body stretch while moving my head sideways in response to his question which earns me a peck on the cheeks from him.

"How long I was out for?" I muttered in a sleepy voice.

"Uhm, fifteen? It's already eight. You might want to eat dinner with me then wash up and get some decent sleep after? You have been reviewing since five, Sera." he suggested then placed one of his hands on my waist.

"I just took a power nap so I have stored enough energy to study some more or much better, sexy time with - "

"Love, it's your finals tomorrow. I am really patient but when it comes to you, I certainly have my limits and sexy time is one. I am having trouble holding back just looking at you like this but you have to focus on reviewing." he explained with a giddy smirk.

"I am not doing anything though."

"That's the point, you are just sitting there looking all pretty and yet I am restraining every muscle in my body not to make love to you right now, right here." he muttered.

I chortled boisterously then scoot closer to him for a quick kiss "I understand what you mean but since we love each other so much I doubt we can hold back until tomorrow so - good luck to us, love."

"You know me too well, no fair! Come on, dinner is ready. Let's eat then you go take a warm shower then let's see where we go from there, m'kay?" Kyungsoo whispered then kissed me back before hauling my body to stand up.

"Ow-kaaay!" I sang then appears as if I was pouting, Kyungsoo was just beaming while we walk me towards the kitchen hand in hand. 

"Oh before I forgot, I will be doing the exam until five so I might run a little late with the awards show but I'll surely come love! I want to cheer for you while you are receiving yours." I swiftly interposed as soon as we reached the dining table, referring to Seoul Entrepreneurs Awards where he won the Youngest Tycoon of the Year.

Roasted chicken in rosemary and thyme, kimchi, sweetened baby potatoes, and rice - perks of dating a master chef, I smiled widely as he started putting some food on my plate like he always does. This man deserves a Best Boyfriend award too.

"Hey, it's fine. We already agreed on meeting each other after your exam so focus on that first and don't worry about me, okay? I mean, it would mean a lot if your there but let's not complicate things." Kyungsoo returned with certainty.

"I'll finish the exam and do well, then head to the awards night for you but for now. Let's eat!" I sang which makes his smile broader. "Thank you for the dinner love!"

I learned to always find a way to make things work - no matter how complicated the situation is. We do argue a lot over petty and simple things but that's better than not talking about anything at all cause secrets are not our thing and will never be. 

"Sounds like a plan to me, now eat well."

Comes the next day, we woke up late because Kyungsoo helped me out with reviewing before doing a little stretch. He said he can never win over me so we made love until midnight before hitting the sack at around one.