Chapter thirteen

Jughead narrating

It was the ultimate cliffhanger. Clifford blossom has killed himself. But why? Life's not an Agatha Christie novel. It's a lot messier. Turns out Maple syrup was a front doe his true business. Transporting heroin from Montreal on his trucks. A narrative quickly emerged.

Alice narrating

That Jason blossom learned about dear old dads drug running, and threatened to expose the truth. Which led to Jason's abduction at the hand of a southside serpent named mustang.

Jughead narrating

And then to Jason's murder at the hand of his father.

Alice narrating

Clifford killed mustang to cover his tracks, making it look like he'd overdosed, and tried to implicate a rival businessman, Hiram lodge, as having masterminded the whole thing.

Jughead narrating

And, oh, yeah, I almost forgot. Mr. blossom threatened my life, so that my dad could confess to pulling the trigger, even though all he did was clean up the mess along with Selena. And he would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for a group of pesky kids who uncovered the truth.

Alice narrating

Even as Clifford blossom, consumed by guilt and shame, took the cowards way out...

Jughead narrating

Jason's murder had revealed some dark truths non did us were too eager to face. Especially not mayor McCoy, who wanted every last vestige of corruption crushed like a snake under a boot heel.

Selena's POV

"So, blossom was the kingpin, he funneled drugs through Riverdale and then shilled them out. What the mayor and I care about is the local component of blossoms business. Someone is selling his drugs here in Riverdale. Mostly in the southside..." Keller says

"Hmm" FP says

"But it stared to cross the tracks, recently, too."

"Let me guess you think it's the serpents?" I say looking up at him.

" who else?"

"So here's the deal. Either of you feed us names, tell me who's pushing the dope, and the mayor, the DA have a chat, and maybe he'd be inclined to offer both of you a lesser sentence."

"Serpents Don't get into the hard stuff" FP says

" it's dime bags of weed." I finish " and I'm no snitch"

FP chuckles

"FP, Selena if you don't help us and your cases go to trial, there will be no leniency." He then looks at FP " you'll be looking at 20 years in a federal penitentiary for our part in the cover-up of Jason blossoms murder." He then looks at me" you'll get 15 years. 2 to 3 years in juvie then go to a federal penitentiary for the rest inc should turn eighteen."

I then get up and walk to him. " sound fun Keller"

 " sound fun Keller"