Chapter seven

Jughead narrating

What makes a place feel like home? Is it warmth and familiarity? Some idealized make-believe version of the American dream? Is it live and acceptance? Or is it simple safety? Or its none of those things.

Selena's POV

After the new about Polly breaking out of an asylum or treatment facility me and pea were both absolutely confused. Betty explained what happened and that she was pregnant with Jasons baby, which i already knew but had to act surprised by.

I don't know how much longer i can go lying to sweat pea about the whole jason situation. Betty and Alice told us that they were going to make a search party to try and find Polly. Both of us of course agreeing to it.

So know here me and my twin are surrounded by north siders in eversgreen forest listening to betty and jughead. "Okay the sisters of quiet mercy are due north. The getaway car was west one the old route 40."

"the closest bus station is east, headed towards sweet water. If polly wanted to leave Riverdale without anyone seeing her, she probably would've left through -"

"right here. eversgreen forest. " betty interrupts jughead.

People begin to slit up in groups or pairs. Me and sweets being a pair and going off. Everyone shouting Polly's name.

"I can't believe Alice shipped Polly of to the sisters of quiet mercy." pea says moving a branch in his way.

"Yeah especially with all the horror stories she told us about that place."

" no mames. mira" he points his head towards the blossoms and people following behind them.

All of us meet up once again facing the blossoms. "Alice Cooper, where is she? Where's Polly?" Mrs.Blossom says walking up to met Alice who was doing the same.

"Yo think if i knew that, i'd be out here with the mosquitoes?"

"Face facts, Mommie Dearest, Polly killed Jason." Cheryl says behind her mom

"She escaped from the asylum once, whos to say she didn't before, say, the day Jason got murdered?" Mr.Blossom accuses

"The noose is tightening around your mudering daughters neck." she gets closer to Alice. "i know it, Sheriff Keller knows it"

"Hold on now" he interrupts

" and i promise you, when we find her, and we will find her the entire town of Riverdale will know, too." she continues.

Jughead narrating

Hope. A word so close to home, and as tricky. As much as we wanted Jason's killer caught, and the town, out home, to feel safe again, with every day that passes, our hopes dimmed more and more. There's that old cliches saying, " it's darkest before the dawn"but sometimes there's just darkness.

A/N: Jughead and Selena have a real conversation and catch up with each other in a long time. Archie, Fred, And Selena met each other. Find out FP knew Selena and Sweet Peas parents. Will find more about their background later on.