chapter twenty-four

Jughead narrating

One week after Riverdale High's absorption of its Southside counterpart, and everything was the same. And nothing was the same. Take Archie Andrews. On the surface, he's getting ready for basketball try outs as he does every winter. But underneath, he was churning, his life in chaos after an unexpected visit from the Feds. Meanwhile, the town was preparing to honor its founding father, General Augustus Pickens.

Selena's POV

Me and sweet pea were eating breakfast. "Selena?" I look up.

"Yes sweet pea"

"I was Uh well I was hoping that you would i don't know maybe..."I then look at him annoyed.

"Use your big boy words"

"Today is basketball tryouts and I was hoping that you would watch me. "

"Sure"

"Wait really?"

"Yeah of course sweet pea. What did you think I would say no. What else would I do?"

"Cool" He says happiness washing over him.

Once we get to school we go to the gym. I go to sit down on the second level. "Ok I need to change then it will start"

"Yeah. Good luck sweets" He then smiles and runs off. I go on my phone until the tryouts. But I hear someone come up to me. I look up thinking it will be sweets. But it was Reggie.

"Come to watch Reggie the Mantel?" I then made a disgusted face.

"Do you really call yourself that?" He then nods. "That's pathetic. If you must know I came to watch my brother. Not Reggie the Misogynist. " I then go back to my phone. He then scoffs and walks away.

Everyone is finally out. And they started. Sweet Pea now has the ball and ended up shoving Reggie making him fall. I then cheer. Then see the coach look at me.

"Ms. Saenz " he shouts. I then look away acting like I didn't hear him. Once they are done most go back to the locker room. But some stay out like Sweet Pea.

He walks to me and tries to hug me. "Uh hUh. Did that ball hit your head? I don't know who think you are? You won't be hugging me." He then laughs. I then grab my bag. "I gotta go. Imma met up with jug. Then we're going to history. See you later"

"Yeah, Bye. Thanks for coming."

"No problem." I then head out and wave him off. Once I'm out jug runs into me. "Dude watch were you are going"

"Sorry." He then touches my shoulder and looks over me. "You ok?" I then shove his hand off.

"I'm fine jug. Now let's go before I decide to ditch school" He then laughs. "I'm not joking" he then clears his throat.

"Right. Yeah let's go"

"Mr.Jones, eyes up front." I hear the teacher says.

"Yeah Mr.Jones" I say next to him not looking up from my phone."

"You too Ms.Saenz. Next time I see your phone I'm having it for the rest of the day." I then roll my eyes.

"I'd like to see you try" I mumble so only Jug will hear me while putting it in by back pocket of my jeans.

"Selena" he warns me.

"Do I need to separate you two" she says again

"No" we both say. Cheryl then starts to talk. I zoned out though. Then the bell rings.

"Thank you for that, Cheryl. Mr, Jones, we look forward to your oral history report next week."

"Yeah, Juggie"