Chapter nine

Jughead narrating

Thinker than blood. More precious than oil. Riverdale's big business is maple syrup. Since the town's founding, one family had controlled its lucrative syrup trade, the blossoms. They were a part of the fabric of our daily lives.. rich or poor, old or young, we consumed blossom syrup by the bucket. That sickly, sweet smell was inescapable. The death of Jason blossom precipitation a crisis. With the heir apparent gone, who would inherit the family business one day? Certainly not Cheryl. It was a question that brought the wolves to Riverdale. And now, the blossoms were circling the wagons against possible attacks, from within their own ranks.

Selena's POV

I wake up to knocking on the front door but don't get up and expect for Sweet Pea to open the door.

Once I hear the door open I try to go back to sleep. But then my door flies open. I groan already knowing how it is.

"Come on Lena." I hear Joaquin yell. "It's time to get up." he then rips my warm blanket off me.

"Oh my god" we both say in different tones. Mine annoyed his shocked.

I then look down and realize it's because of what I was wearing. One of his hoodies that was oversized on me put it rose up in my sleep. With no pants on.

"What do you want Joaquin!" I shout

"Calm down" he says walking to the other side of my bed " no reason to yell" he begins to take out his phone, keys and pocketknife from his pockets and set it on the night stand.

"says you."

"what ever do you mean?" he ask innocently

"what are you doing?" i ask

"well i came here to ask if you wanted to go to pops but we can sleep instead now" he says grabbing my blanket off the floor and puts in back on my bed.

I sit up and pull it up to my body. When I look up I see his serpent jacket off and jeans. He folds them and places them on my desk. Then walks to my dresser and grabs his sweatpants.

"You better not take them back when you leave"

he laughs "they are mine. you do know that right"

"baby they haven't been yours in months"

He chuckles the grabs me and we go into my bed. We cuddle until we both fall asleep.

I wake up a couple hours later to Joaquin playing with my hair. I turn over to face him while giving him a tired smile. He smiles back and me then kisses my forehead.

We both agree to get up and get ready to go to pops. I grab a one should long sleeve cropped top and some jeans. I put on some light make up and put my hair up in a messy half up half down due. I put on my black and white air Jordan's and serpent jacket then we head to pops.

It is almost noon when we enter pops hearing the bells above the door ringle. Pop looks up hearing the bells and greets up right away smiling. We smile back and say hi to him.

"Pick a booth kids I will be with you soon" he tells us as he walks to the back to put in an order.

When we are in the middle of eating I get a call from Penny. I groan looking at my phone.

"What is it?" Joaquin ask with a mixed confused and concerned tone.

"Penny"I say plainly then answer her. "Yeah"

"Salinas. Imma need you and your lovely twin brother to go to Greendale at 7 to pick up two crates. "

"Penny how are two crates going to fit in our truck."

"Relax princess. The second one is a smaller one it will fit inside the truck." She says the pauses. " The buyer will meet you two at Fox Forest. He's a new buyer so I will text you his info. Sounds good sweetie?" She ask me

"Yep" I roll my eyes. "Sounds good"

"Great" she quickly says then hangs up.

Joaquin meets my eyes then ask "you need to go now?"

"No. Not till seven. We still have time" I smile at him.

Once we are done eating we head to the wyrm. I have a shift tonight with Toni.