Chapter ten

Jughead narrating

Week days from 8:25 a.m. to 3:01 p.m. , we adhere to a strict regimen. Everything in our lives is controlled. But then something like the murder of Jason Blossom happens, and you realize there is no such thing as control. There is only chaos. Nevertheless, some of us strive to impose and maintain order in what is, fundamentally, an orderless world. A fact which would very soon be confirmed, in ways none of us could have foreseen.

Selena's POV 

" so how are things going with Joaquin, Keller boy, and jughead? Also shouldn't you be in school?" FP ask me but the phone goes off. He goes to answer it "yeah, this is jones." He then puts it on the speaker phone so I can hear too.

"Mr.Jones, hi, this is Betty Cooper, Jughead'd ..."

"Girlfriend, yeah, I remember."

"Great, well, I'm calling because it's Jughead'd birthday tomorrow, and I wanted to see if maybe you and Selena would come see a movie with us, maybe grab dinner?"

" does he know you're calling me"

" no, I thought maybe I'd surprise him. "

"Oh,man. There's one thing that Jughead likes less than surprises, and that's his birthday. Kid's never even had a party, never wanted one..."

" what? Never? "

" mhh-hmm. Anyway, I think the best gift that I could give to Jughead would be to stay away."

"Ok well do you know about Selena"

I look up at him and whisper "no. No. No." FP then turns the speaker phone off.

Then says " she right here you want to talk to her?" Then paused "Alright hang on".  And hand me the phone "here"

"No FP we aren't even friends." I say and pusher the phone away.

" you have to get closer with jughead plus you should expand your friend group."

" what no!"

" Selena take the phone" he says and I groan.

" hi betty"

"Hi Selena. "

" I was hopping that you would maybe like to go see a movie with me and juggie maybe grab some dinner afterwards. It would be nice to get to know some of his friends."

"That seems really nice Betty but I don't know I might have something going on."

" oh well uh could you maybe let me kn-"

" yeah yeah it was nice talking to you betty we appreciate the call but I need to go. Ok bye" then hang up.

" what are you waiting for?" FP ask me

" for your slow ass"

" oh my slow ass"

"Yes your slow ass"

" ok says the one who always takes for ever" I then couldn't think of anything because he was right " yeah so you are a slow ass" then he starts to laugh. I start to mock his laugh then we get into the trailer and see betty. We then stop laughing.

"Mr.Jones, Selena, I didn't mean to ambush you guys." Then laughs. We start to take our gloves off and helmet. " I know you guys don't do birthdays, but Archie and I are having a few of Jughead's friends over at Archie's house. And I bet it would mean so much to Jughead if you guys came."

"Man, you don't quit, do you?" FP says

" rarely, if ever. I really wanna do something special for him. And you guys being there.. that would be special." Betty then soon leaves. Then my phone rings.