chapter seventeen

Jughead narrating

Everyone's afraid to say it so let me be the first. There is a serial killer amongst us. San Francisco has the Zodiac. New Orleans had the Axeman. Texarkana, Texas has the Phantom Killer. The list goes on and on. Add to their ranks Riverdale's very own phschopath, the Black Hood. There it was. Terror was seeping into the bedrock of Riverdale... A town hall meeting had been set by Mayor McCoy. People were afraid to walk the streets alone, especially as dusk approached. Shops closed early, locks were added to doors, suspicions between the North and South side depended, fanned into flames by Alice Cooper... As everyone wondered what danger lurked in the dark. When would we hear from the Black Hood next, and how far into darkness would Archie go on his quest to avenge his father... and to stop the Black Hood?

Sweet peas POV

Me and some of serpents we're watching some northsiders saying they will kill the Black Hood. I still haven't told Fangs about how Selena said he could earn his strips. Now she is calling me everyday sometimes more.

Selena's POV

I was now calling Sweet pea. "Some kid on the north side made a video to the Black Hood. With some other kids in the back shirtless. But he was saying he will hunt him and find him and kill him."

I then bursted out laughing. I now everything that is happening in Riverdale. It is crazy.

"Why don't you show it to the younger serpents? Fangs still needs to earn his strips right? Why doesn't he jump him? Tell him he does that he will earn them. Alright"

"Ok"

"Penny hasn't contacted you yet right?"

"Selena you ask me this everyday." And I can literally hear him smile through the phone.

"Wipe that smile off your face and answer the question"

"No"

"Good. I'll talk to you later sweet pea"

"Bye Selena" And I hang up.

Sweet peas POV

Sweet peas POV

"Hey. I'm guessing we're not watching funny cat videos." I hear jughead say. I pause the video and see him standing in front of us.

"Check this out." I then turn my busted laptop to him. "Some sick-in-the-head northsider posted a crazy-ass video, and we were just talking..."

"About What?"

"Fogarty wants to earn his serpent stripes. Selena said he brings the head of that northsider, he's in."

"I'm down with that." Fangs says. I then smile and bang on the table.

"No, guys don't"

"What, Jones?"

"I know this guy, he's a milquetoast. He's a football player. It's kind of a lame target, is all I'm saying."