chapter nineteen

Jughead narrating

"In Riverdale, everyone wears a mask, not just the Black Hood. But everyone so often, the mask slips and out true selves are laid bare, for all the world to see. So we scramble to put it back on, like a kid in a cheap Halloween costume, but it's too late. People have already seen what's underneath... and it's terrifying.

Toni's POV

I walk out of the room and into the main living area to see jughead typing on his computer.

"Morning. You... you hungry?

"You never have to ask me that?" Jughead turns to look at me.

"Cool" I then go to change.

Me and jughead are now eating at pops. "Thanks for letting me sleep over. Now on to the next crash pad until my uncle stops locking me out."

"My trailer is your trailer. Last nigh was-"

"A PG-13 grope-session? "

"Ooh. Way to knock a guy down a peg. "

"Look, cards on the table. You're not over Betty, and I'm not interested in being anybody's rebound. Besides, I'm more into girls anyways. "

"Rodger that"

"Like your sister. We had our share in-" Jughead hen stops me.

"Ah. I don't want to hear about my sister and you." He chuckles and I laugh.

Sweet peas POV

I am in southside high hall when the mayor, sheriff and cops with dogs come in. Rounding up serpents. Two come toward me and one pushes me up against the locker. I pound my fist against the locker. They put me into handcuffs. Once they round up all the serpents that they found they take us to the station. I post bail with the money Selena saved. I offered to pay for Toni and Fangs but they declined. I go to the wyrm and tell tallboy what happened. He takes us to the ghoulies hang out. And I see him texting someone.

"Who are you talking to?"

"Jughead. He's on his way"

Jughead finally walks in. "Sit down, kid." Tallboy says as he sits down. Then looks at me." You too. Business to discuss. "

"Tallboy, what the hell is this?" I ask annoyed

"Yeah I would like to know too. Where are we?" Jughead says.

"You're in my house." Some ghoulje comes up behind us. He then laughs. "The house of the dead. " he then sits down

"Well, I'm sorry," Jughead starts

"Who the hell are you?" I ask

"Calm down Sweet pea. And take it easy Jughead. Malachi's speaks for the Ghoulies. With the heat in us and our ranks depleted, our tribes need to unite. And that's gonna be easier to do if both of you endorse this partnership. "

"Me?" Jughead ask

"You're FP's son. And you're Selena's brother. Leader of the younger serpents for now. Those carry weight, especially with our younger members."

"Tall boy, they're the reason southside was even raided. Then and their Jingle Jangle. " Jughead says

"Chaos is how we thrive. You better get used to it. " Malachi says

"Are you seriously going to do this to my dad? To our sister? You're supposed to lead the serpents now. "

"The Northside declared war today. Your old man and sister ain't here to cal the shots." He now stands up. "And, Yeah, I'm leading so that makes me de facto leader, here and now so..."