ten!

- happy tenth chapter!
i'm listening to my sad playlist
LAUGH OUT LOUD. thanks for reading!!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  NARRATOR  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

THE DAY OF prom, maeve was the definition of a hot mess. the girl had gone on a ten kilometer run to try clear her mind and make sure she was fully ready for the day. when she got back she had a very long shower, exfoliating, shaving, under eye masks, face masks, facial treatments, she used anything good she could find. she changed into sweats and an overiszed 'orange' tee and slid down stairs by sitting on the railing to see jack and finn in the kitchen, one flipping pancakes and the other baking brownies. 

the smell filled her nose as she grinned at the two boys. "smells good in here boys," she smiled, both of them turning to hug her. "we made brownies and pancakes for your big day!" jack blurted excitedly earning a whack from finn, "hey i wanted to tell her!" he whined. maeve shook her head laughing, "i'm not even graduating, it's just prom. why such a big fuss guys?" the two smiled softly, "your mother asked us to do this because she couldn't be here to do it herself." finn said, remedy nodded confused, "she also wants you to ring her," jack added pointing at the girls phone in her hand. "oh- okay. i'll do that now and get it over with," the brunette shrugged, walking out of the room and pressing 'call,' on her mothers contact.

"oh maeve darling! i didn't know if you'd ring me," maeve's mothers voice echoed through the line.

"yeah, me neither." maeve softly laughed,

"so, senior prom today?" her mother said excitedly. maeve laughed with her mum, feeling like she actually had a good bond with her for once. "yep, and i actually have a date this year!" the young girl giggled.

"oh my goodness! is he handsome? is he nice?" her mothers joyful voice rang through her ears. 

"oh mum! he's lovely and yes he's good looking," maeve nervously spoke,

"that's amazing, my girl! i just wanted to make sure you were okay. sorry i can't be there to see you tonight but i've lectured the boys to take as many photos of you and your date before you leave." remedy's mother squealed.

"oh no, that's embarrassing!" maeve laughed. 

"noo it's not, trust me my mum did the same, sweetheart."

"alright alright. thanks for calling in mum! i appreciate it. i better go make sure finn doesn't burn the brownies, have fun in russia!" maeve laughed, a real laugh. not like the fake ones she would usually do when she talks to her mother.

"okay baby, take care and have fun at prom. i love you!" georgia remedy spoke softly to her daughter.

"alright mum, love you too." and this time she meant it.

"bye darling,"

"bye-bye mum."

the call ended and maeve walked into the kitchen smiling. jack and finn stopped what they were doing and smiled at their 'little sister.'

"so, how was it?" finn asked, breaking the silence. maeve walked towards the island where jack was placing the pancakes neatly. "better than i thought it would be!" she smiled at the boys. jack decided to speak up, "y'know, it may be annoying that she isn't here to see you but we're always here mae." the girl sniffled while laughing, hating how sensitive she was when it came to people she loved. "ugh, i love you guys." she giggled, pulling them both in for a hug.