eighteen!

WE HIT 4K! THANKS
BESTIE BAES!!!!

maeve ran out of her last class, straight to the notice board outside the cafeteria. soccer season was starting up again and she needed to see her team. she read the notice out loud to herself.

"UNDER 18'S GIRLS ━ SOCCER
jennica coleman
jordan march
kate lovejoy
olivia rixon
maeve remedy
grace rodriguez 
giovanna brooker
alyssa hayes
georgia routledge 

practices on EVERY monday from 21 november"

the girl smiled widely, not only was she in the best girls soccer team in the school for her age but giovanna was with her. maeve quickly snapped a picture of the list before sending it to her blonde friend and walking towards the carpark.

"remedy!" louis partridge yelled out from his car. 

maeve looked over to the brunette boy and waved, "hi partridge, how're you?" she politely asked.

"pretty good thanks. i have a question," the boy answered. maeve lifted an eyebrow and nodded, letting the boy know he could continue. "did you uh wanna go out tonight? as a date?" he braced himself for the rejection.

"sure," maeve shrugged smiling. louis' eyes widened and he silently squealed making remedy laugh. 

louis put a hand through his hair, "be ready at six thirty, yeah?" 

"yes sir!" maeve saluted before louis drove off and maeve walked herself home. 

━━
━━

it was six o'clock and maeve was touching up her eyeliner. she was wearing low waisted jeans and a hot pink v-neck cropped singlet. she left most of her hair down but braided the top part and used a claw clip to keep it in. 

the brunette girl walked down the stairs and put on her shoes. both boys looked at her confused, "date," the girl shrugged smiling.

"partridge." jack deadpanned, nudging finn who just nodded. 

the three engaged in a conversation until the doorbell rang. maeve hopped out of her seat, kissing both boys on the cheeks and going to the door. "for you," louis smirked handing the girl a daffodil. 

"hm, thank you mr partridge," she teased while smelling the flower. quickly she ran back into the kitchen, placing the flower in a full cup or water before running out the door to louis. 

maeve looked at the boys concentrated face as he drove, the street lights making his face glow. "where are we going exactly?" remedy suspiciously asked.

louis partridge shrugged, a toothy grin coming onto his face.

"that, my darling, is a secret i'll never tell."

the remedy girl laughed rolling her eyes, "so funny."

"seriously where are we going?" she whined, dragging the last word. louis quickly glanced at her before looking back to the road.

"my uncle's farm. he's not there at the moment but we're gonna ride his horses," the boy smiled excitedly. maeve covered her mouth happily making sure they were at a stop light she pulled louis in for a hug. "you're the best partridge!"

the pair arrived at the paddock and louis lay down a soft blanket and placed a basket of food on it with two juice boxes. 

"maevie, this is apollo and ace!" louis said to the girl as they approached the two horses. one was a light beige with a cream 'mane' the other one was a dark brown with a slightly lighter brown 'mane.' 

maeve stepped next to the boy and stroked the beige horses nose, "lucky you, ace doesn't usually like most people." louis told the brunette.

"i must be special," remedy teased before swapping places with louis so she could see apollo.

apollo snorted as maeve reached her hand out, the girl used to be obsessed with horses, she new not to retract her hand but to keep slowly nearing the horse. apollo hesitated before placing his large soft face in maeve's hand. 

the two jumped on a horse each and let the horses trot around the paddock as they pleased. louis and maeve talked to each other as the horses enjoyed the company they never really had.

━━
━━

after an hour of riding on the horses, louis and maeve sat down on the blanket and ate food. louis took photos for maeve which she then posted on instagram and maeve doing the same for him. 

the two hugged the horses goodbye and drove back to maeve's house. "thanks for today lou, it was actually really fun." maeve spoke to the boy.

"of course love. i also was going to bring this up there but i didn't know how you'd react, i just wanted to say i truly am sorry for prom and the bet and all that shit," the partridge boy replied.

maeve sighed smiling at his honesty, "you're fine louis, i'm just glad it's over and we can be ourselves again," she kissed the boys cheek and went to get out of the car.

"you missed."

"i will punch you, boy." maeve threatened the teasing boy who quickly put his hands in the air. maeve laughed waving goodbye and running inside. 

"how was it?" finn wolfhard asked her as she walked through the door.

maeve told the boys about her night and the two boys were very impressed with louis. 

AUTHOR SPEAKS !
this chapter isn't as long and
i'm sorry for that but bc of time-
zones, it's easter here so i have
got a bit on right now (happy easter
if u celebrate!). i hope you're liking
this chapter, the story unfortunately
will be coming to an end soon :(
but hopefully y'all will read my
other lou fic (bloodline) that i have
up! any who, have a great day/night/
afternoon. you're loved a lot bae! 

BIG FAT HUGS FOR YOU,

━ mal xo