fourteen!

- updating only bc it's
my one year on wattpad 😩
oh and from now on all chapters
will be from third person, if it's someone's
pov i'll let you know xo

A WEEK LATER

maeve had found herself happier than usual with her new friends. giovanna was always someone she could relate to, bruno was someone she could joke around with, noah was someone she had a sibling relationship with and jimmy and her would bond over the dumbest things.

"good morning peanut," jack's cheery voice spoke as his sister walked down the stairs. she smiled at him and waved, "morning mr grazer."

maeve made a smoothie and walked outside to see giovanna brooker in her car. the girl walked over to the car and jumped in, "give me," giovanna made grabby hands to maeve's smoothie. maeve laughed, "no, good morning my favorite person ever?" the remedy girl teased.

"good morning my least favorite person ever," giovanna smirked and grabbed the smoothie out of her friends hands. "you're an ass, you know that?" maeve rolled her eyes before playfully smacking her friends face. "yeah i do get that a lot," giovanna laughed once again. 

"let's go, let's go, let's go!" giovanna called out to the three boys who were fighting over the seats. they finally stopped and giovanna drove while maeve plugged in her phone and played music. 

"i love rex orange county!" jimmy called out from the back excitedly. the drive wasn't too long but it felt long because when they stopped at the traffic lights, the boys would whine about how they wanted to get out of the car.

once they arrived at school, all three boys bolted out and into the campus leaving maeve and giovanna to stroll into the building. "giovanna, hey. can i talk to you for a moment?" louis partridge asked awkwardly. "um-" the brooker girl started, "i actually don't think you can," she shrugged, pulling maeve, who was now frozen in place, away with her.

the first period dragged on, maeve's stomach growling quietly, wanting food. thankfully lunch came around and she ran into the cafeteria and snatched food off bruno's tray. "hey!" he groaned, trying to smack her hands away. 

"i'm hungry go away," remedy whined, her head falling onto noah's shoulder, to which he shrugged it off. "i hate y'all. jimmy, get me french fries please." maeve handed the boy a five pound note, "fine." the boy grumbled, snatching the note out of her hands and dancing away.

"so, how was class?" bruno teased giovanna, who had just banged her head on the table on purpose. "louis partridge tried paying me to get mae to talk to him. what kind of a guy does that?" she questioned her friends, noah patted maeve's hair before speaking, "a dick guy." 

maeve nodded in agreement, snapping her head up at the sound of a familiar voice. "maeve, can we talk?" louis partridge. did she want to talk to him? no. did she say yes? "no." she had better things to do than waste her time on someone who makes bets on girls. 

"please?" he pushed, jimmy shuffled back handing maeve her french fries to which she happily munched on. "i said no, partridge." she laughed bitterly, louis dropped his head and walked away. only for wyatt turner to arrive back at their table holding a hand out, "fries?" he questioned innocently, the whole table including wyatt laughed, maeve placed a couple fries in his hand and laughed at him as he smiled widely. "i love you people."

finally the day was over, maeve had to walk home today unless she wanted to stay behind and listen to giovanna rant about how she thought noah was hot while he was training for rugby. luckily for maeve, the soccer season was over so she didn't have training after school, though jack and finn pushed her to go on runs once or twice a week.

someone you wouldn't think of maeve as, was a surfer. but, everyday you learn something new.

remedy got home and changed into her bikini and grabbed her surfboard, before texting the group asking if anyone was up for a surf. all four of her new friends agreed and said they'd meet at the beach in twenty minutes. maeve chucked an oversized t-shirt on and told her brothers she was off surfing and left.

"long time no see," jimmy sarcastically remarked.

"you sound like my mother," noah whined, making everyone laugh. as the group placed their stuff down and ran towards the water, bruno stopped in his tracks making everyone else bang into him as he was in front.

"dude, what?" maeve asked, eager to get into the water, bruno slowly nudged his head to the right where louis, ben, sam and wyatt were walking into the water, only about four meters away from them. "oh," maeve took a breath in, "well i don't care, i have you guys as my body guards," she shrugged before sprinting into the water and letting out a excited yell and the water made contact with her board and skin.

"asshole at three o'clock," giovanna yelled loud enough for the group to snap their heads towards the partridge boy wading out towards them. "someone drown me now," maeve sarcastically said, lying on her board. 

"hey guys, mind if i hand with you for a bit? my mates are getting dinner," the partridge boy smiled at maeve as if nothing happened between them.

"a-alright," noah gulped down the guilt he felt and shot a sorry look at everyone who was glaring at him. partridge broadly smiled, "cool, thanks!" 

"gio, big wave, let's go!" maeve squealed paddling out and away from the boys. giovanna followed behind and soon the two of them were riding a large wave, both of them doing a bottom turn. 

after about three or four hours of surfing, the group got out and lay on the sand. louis still with them as his friends were stuck in traffic on the way back. 

"someone order pizza, i'm starving," maeve sung loudly, giovanna humming in agreement. noah laughed at the girls, "i can, you owe me." 

"thanks noah, you're the best," the two of them chorused laughing at how in sync they were. 

AUTHOR SPEAKS !
hey faves ! today is my one year
on wattpad and i'm super thankful
for how far i've already gotten and
how many friends i've made ! i 
hope you liked this chapter. have
a good day/night/afternoon, you
know i love you !

HUGS,

— mal <33