sixteen!

- if i don't do one
of these top notes before the
start of every chapter in this
book, ask me if i'm dying pls.

there were several things maeve hated in the world, the list consisted of assholes, two faced people, messy handwriting and more. but she mainly hated fighting with jack and finn, they were the only two people at home with her since her mother was always out on business trips, they were her bodyguard brothers

the girl softly trudged down the stairs at seven in the morning. the boys immediately stopped what they were doing and blurted out apologies. "it's alright guys. it's my fault and i promise not to do it again," maeve smiled softly. 

both boys nodded smiling and tackled her into a hug. "gee, we only fought for like twelve hours," remedy joked.

after a quick chat with her brothers, maeve went outside to meet harley and giovanna in giovanna's car. "hey hottie," the two girls who were already in the car chimed.

maeve laughed at how in sync they were and climbed in, "hey pretty people." today the girls didn't need to stop and pick up the boys so they drove straight to school and fortunately got there earlier. 

"maeve!" a deep voice called out. the remedy girl stopped in her tracks and her eyes widening knowing who it was. her friends smirked at her and ran off together leaving her and louis partridge in the school car park. muttering curse words at herself, remedy straightened up and walked towards partridge. 

"hello," she spoke confidently, not wanting him to hear her voice quiver she cleared her throat. 

"hey, can we uh talk?" 

the girl pursed her lips nodding and walking away, telling the boy to follow behind. she led them underneath the staircase that was empty in the mornings. "speak," she said.

the partridge boy explained everything calmly, his voice breaking more and more towards the end but he held it together, mainly for the girl in front of him. maeve slowly nodded, not knowing if this was the truth, i mean this is louis partridge we're talking about. he's one of the popular screwboys. 

"i believe you," maeve remedy sucked in a sharp cool breath. the boys eyes widened not thinking those words would come out of her mouth after what he did. "but," she started, making louis wide grin falter into a small understanding smile. 

"we're going to start off as friends, i think i deserve to earn your trust back hm?" the girl laughed nudging the brunette beside her playfully. "yeah yeah," louis rolled his eyes smiling, his arms stretched out for a hug which maeve hesitantly accepted. 

"why so hesitant remedy? friends hug, no?" louis smirked at the girl in his embrace, maeve shook her head and leaned more into him, "asshole." she stated, poking her tongue out at him still not breaking the hug. 

"dipshit," louis smiled back poking his tongue out.

"screwboy," 

"pretty lady,"

"giant," 

"dwarf,"

and the insults went on and on, both of them still hugging each other. louis walked maeve to class saying "it's the least i could do for a friend." maeve was beyond happy she had him back, maybe not in the dating way but in some way she had him back.

at lunch, maeve and giovanna invited louis to sit with their table but he kindly declined not wanting to put pressure on the boys or mess up the friend group. the girls accepted his honestly and danced towards their table where three confused boys sat. 

"you're with him again?" jimmy rose an eyebrow while smirking. bruno and noah laughed nodding at what their friend said. 

"not with with him, just friends again." the girl shrugged, picking up a fry from giovanna's tray.

lunch time was a lazy time today, nobody wanted to go outside and walk around the grounds, the five just sat slumped in their chairs making conversations. "hey guys," maeve grinned brightly, the group stared at her unsure of what her new idea could be. "can we ditch? i'm bored," the brunette girl shrugged lightly.

giovanna smacked maeve on the back acting like a dad while the three boys stared confusedly at her. "you, maeve célia remedy ━ want to ditch school?" noah spoke smirking, maeve nodded, also wondering how he knew her middle name. bruno and jimmy applauded sarcastically for her. "nice try but we know you have a health exam," noah chuckled.

remedy groaned loudly banging her head on the table multiple times before realizing noah glaring at someone behind her. "hm?" she asked squinting her eyes looking over her shoulder to see louis. 

"oh hey lou lou," she greeted laughing. 

"how hard were you smashing your head, jesus." jimmy snorted earning a middle finger from the girl. 

"hello maevie, may i drive you home after school?" the partridge boy whispered into her ear, she nodded excitedly, "you may mr partridge."

louis winked kissing her cheek, dangerously close to her lips. "bloody player," she rolled her eyes laughing as giovanna smirked.

"what?" she asked the three boys who were now staring at her. bruno shook his head before speaking, "nothing, noah's just upset you didn't tell us about you and him being friends." 

"well i mean it did only happen this morning ━ us making up. and i didn't have any classes with you boys at all this morning sooo," the girl reasoned, taking another handful of french fries. "i love you giovanna, did you know that?" the girl sighed while munching on the hot potato fries. 

"i know missy, i love you too." the blonde bonked her friend on the head smiling. 

AUTHOR SPEAKS !
laugh out loud. heyy!!!!
sorry for taking so long to
update i know a lot of y'all
have been nagging me to. i
just have so much going with
school and i had a zoom interview
halfway through writing this chapter.
hopefully you liked this chapter because
EEEEE they made up!!! comment scenario
ideas that you might like to see in the next 
chapters! love you losers<33

HUGS FOR EVERYONE, 

━ mal !