𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘔𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴

{the firebending masters}

hana stood behind aang, with her back against the wall. she quietly watched as zuko began to give aang a talk about firebending. it was time aang began to learn how to fire bend.

"i know you're nervous, but remember... firebending in and of itself is not something to fear," zuko assured aang.

aang sighed, looking hesitant, "okay, not something to fear." he said trying to build up a sense of security.

"but if you don't respect it," he raised his voice and crossed his arms, "it'll chew you up and spit you out like an angry komodo rhino!"

hana's eyes widened, she knew aang had already been scared and zuko saying something like that would not help. she quickly began to shake her head, warning him to not go as harsh on aang.

he ignored her and continued on with aang, "now show me what you've got. any amount of fire you can make."

aang took a deep breath and shifted his body. he threw out his arm and tried to let a small blast of fire out, but failed and only smoke came from his palm.

zuko looked behind aang to see a confused look on hana's face.

"is that supposed to happen?" she mouthed.

zuko shrugged his shoulders and shook his head.

aang locked down in embarrassment and disapointment, "maybe i need a little more instruction. perhaps a demonstration?"

"good idea," zuko agreed. "you might want to take a couple of steps back."

aang backed up all the way next to hana. aang looked to her for a sign of disapproval or displease but there wasn't any. she simply watched as zuko began to ready himself. i was an intent stare, she watched everything he did as if he had been handling gold and she wanted to steal it. he was some sort of gold to her.

zuko inhaled deeply and tried to do the same move that aang did. barely anything came out, his fire was weak. it was almost as if it was dying. aang clapped lightly as hana stared.

zuko was clearly just as shocked as she was, "what was that? that was the worst firebending i've ever seen."

"i thought it was nice," the avatar shrugged.

"hana?"

"that was fucking terrible! what happened? did we break you?" she was clearly freaked out. they didn't have the time for this. aang needed to learn firebending and zuko could not be without his firebending.

he tried to bend once again, trying different approaches. it failed however, his bending was weak.

he groaned, "why is this happening?"

"maybe it's the altitude," aang offered an answer.

"yeah, could be," hana could easily tell he didn't believe that one bit.