Chapter 8: Just Ask

Shinsou's P.O.V

The shop was pretty dead, just like it always is this late. Eri would be with the cat's, probably getting them ready for this big tea party she's 'planning' with them. She's been talking about it everyday for two weeks.

Papa and Dad were about to head out for their shared night shift tonight which meant me and Eri would be closing up together which was always a very interesting night. Every Friday is like this for us but today it was off.

Kaminari hadn't came in when he usually does. I was hoping he would come today because I have finally convinced myself to ask him out, and he's not here!

"Stop sulking." I heard my dad near the staircase. I turned and saw both my parents coming down with their hero costumes in their bags.

"I do not sulk."

"Sure you do!" My Papa said with a wide grin. "Just like Dad!" he booped my nose mockingly and I glared at him as his hand moved back. He kept his bright smile and went to say good bye to Eri.

"He can't be here every time. He has a life too." Dad said and I sneered. "You really like this kid, I've never seen you so excited to talk to someone."

"How can I not like him?" I looked away from him and kept my eyes on anything but his as thoughts of the electric blond filled my mind. "He's beautiful! He smiles like it'll solve all my problems, and it probably could! When he talks to me it's like he wants me there! He's not the type to judge others! He just wants to make others laugh and he-"

I finally looked back to dad and he had his signature smirk. I felt my face burn as a realize the rant I just went on about Kaminari.

"Then I won't get in your way," He started and the smirk dropped from his face, which was now much more serious. "I just want to bring something to your attention, something about their kidnapping, it doesn't add up. At first I had no interest to look into the case but then I meet these kids and the report they gave can't be the right one."

"You noticed that too?" I said and he nodded. "A lot of the time when they talk it's like they're been friends for so long, and they have all these stories that they tell and the timeline of their events don't add up." I said.

"I was on patrol one night without your Papa and I thought I had seen the one that was behind all the attacks." He said and lend on the counter with his arms folded. "I attacked and I had hit him pretty hard but he got away from me. After that there wasn't anymore disappearances. I thought he bleed out and died so it must have been gone but then those kids reported what happened after escaping. It doesn't add up with what happened." I nodded and mimicked his stance.

"What do you think I should do?"

"Right now, just proceed with caution. I don't believe they're dangerous but they do know something that there not telling anyone. " I nodded to him and crossed my arms.

"Do you want me to find out?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Just enjoy your loud blond, don't worry about this." He patted my shoulder and I turned back towards the shop and saw Papa playing with the cats with Eri...and Kaminari.

"Kaminari?" I said as I instantly walked around the counter and went over to them. He looked up quickly and smile with a wave. As I raised my hand to wave back Eri grabbed his chin and move his face so it was back on her.

"I'm not done asking you questions. Now, pasta or burgers?"

"Burgers." He said with a very serious face while talking with her. I came up from behind her and watched as he very seriously took all her questions.