Chapter 18: Understanding

"I didn't mean to hit you," Denki started to panic again. He came to my side and reached out his hand, like he was going to grab mine, but he pulled back and stuffed them into his pockets. "I just his hand coming towards you and if he touched you with all his fingers you were have been dust and I just wanted to stop him. I never meant to hurt you in any-"

"I know, it's fine." I said a bit cold and sharp. He took in a deep breath and too two steps back, like he's just been shot and I instantly regretted my words.

"Did they tell you everything, about how we became friends?" He asked. He kept his eyes on his shoes and his hands stayed in his pocket.

"What about you?" I asked and watched his eyebrows frown, but he never looked up. "Why'd you do it? Why did you help villains." He took a deep as started to wonder around the room before taking a seat on the couch, his eyes never meant mine.

"When I was first brought here, I was scared, but not upset. When I got my role around the house, all I had to do was my job and not leave and I would never be bothered again. Compared to where I was before it wasn't a terrible place to be. I liked it here. I freely roamed the halls and freely spoke, I made friends and I've never had that. There wasn't any reason for me to hate it here. It was better then my life in every way possible. So when we were all decided weather or not to stay and help Todoroki be able to change, it was the easiest decision I had ever made. My life was never bad here, besides being kidnapped by Endeavor. That was awful for those few days and I never want to go back to that. But that's why we all agreed to try and move on from our bubble of safety, this house. That's why we all tried get rid of Shigaraki. And Bakuogo is definitely a fixer upper but I've always gotten along with him pretty well and I've watch him change with Kiri by his side, I've watched both of them change. There not the same people that the media knows. And that's mostly thanks to Midoriya and Kiri for just loving them. They're my friends, not villains. Not anymore." He kept his eyes low and I watch him tense up like he was waiting for me to freak out on him.

He was so sure that what happened to him wasn't bad because of where his life was before. Whatever his life was before couldn't have been good. And he's so sure that his 'friends' have changed.

"Todoroki and Bakuogo have killed people, Denki." I said slowly. His whole body froze and I was worried he wasn't breathing, till he let out a large breath of air, and rose his head to lean back and look at the ceiling.

"So, you think people can't change?"

"I do think they can." I said. "I just can't follow your word for it, I have to see it." He nodded his head and I saw his eyes briefly. The were glossed over and he looked like he was fighting everything he could not to break down right then and there.

I stood up from the bed I was on, a bit unstable but it was manageable. I went to his side and placed my hand on his arms. He quickly jumped, causing me to let go, and his eyes finally looked into mine.

His body was trembling after I had touched him and his eyes were wide open looking into mine, searching for something.

"You're not going to hurt me." I whispered and slowly placed my hand into his. His eyes quickly looked down and our hands as if look for a mistake but slowly his entwined his fingers with my comfortably.

"I'm sorry you got pulled into this." He whispered. "I wanted to wait to tell you till we were a bit farther into the relationship that way you would know my friends by then and understood a little bit about the decisions we've made. And so you wouldn't dump me right away." He said and I smiled to him, although he was still looking at our hands.

"I'm not dumping you anytime soon. I told you earlier that I'm not leaving, and mean that in every way you can think of it. You're stuck with me." He eyes looked up to me and he let out a laugh as he whipped a stray tear away.