Chapter 10: Sending Denki

"I'm sorry, you saw who?" Uraraka asked with a twitch in her eye.

We were all over at Mina's place with Kiri and Bakubro showed up looking tired, well not really but after they told me they ran here I figured they had to be tired.

We had planned on just playing some board games and Kiri was running late because of his date with Mister Blasty. And now here they both where, bargaining into the apartment rambling about our past coming to bite us in the ass.

"Shigaraki." Kiri said look her straight in the eyes. "You know the crusty ass looking dude that we blew up with the other crusty ass dude!"

"Yeah," Todoroki said his voice was sharp  "you blew him up. He's gone." He said and Midoriya placed a hand on his arm to try and calm him but it did absolutely nothing.

"Yeah I'm confused too," I said leaning forward in my spot. "He was in that building, right? I mean, we don't actually know what happened that day."

"He was in the damn building!" Bakuogo said. "Me and shitty hair almost didn't make it, he couldn't have gotten out in time."

"But he could have gotten to an area that kept him alive." Jiro said and we all turned to her. "Did you seen any burn marks on him? If he's just recovered from injuries then that would explain why we just now saw him."

"We need someone to check this out" Todoroki said, clearly scared for Midoriya after what he had to go through.

"We could get a hero," all heads turned to me and two looked very doubtful. "Well, like someone we trust like Present mic and Eraserhead. I told you they're Shinsou's dads." After that the group seemed to see where I was going with my comment.

"Although I'm sure they would be a great option think about all the explanations we'ed have to give them so they'll understand why we were involved with the League in the first place." Kiri said and we all made noises of agreement.

"Well right now we know nothing. What if someone did some kind of info mission. Someone goes looking for what he wants, or what he's planning. I'm sure someone knows." Uraraka said. 

"I'll go." Both Bakuogo and Todoroki said. They stood like they were about to leave now but Kiri and Midoriya pulled them down.

"No!" Kiri said sternly. "you are retiring and like a recovering alcoholic you should stay away!"

"Why the fuck are you comparing me to an alcoholic!?" He said but didn't make any move to leave.

"You fought to hard to be completely cleared Todoroki," Midoriya said much softer but still with the same feel of authority as Kiri. "You can't be seen there anymore."

"I can't send any of you, it's not safe for people that don't know anything."

"It's not safe for anyone!" Mina scuffed. "We can handle ourselves!" She said and the others nodded. But Todoroki's right, if you don't know anything your screwed! But even if you know a little bit you have a better chance.

"I'll go." I said and all heads turned on me. "I'm practically a human teaser!" I smirked. "I 100% got this!" I said shoot some finger guns to Jiro's worried face.

It was like they were all holding their breaths. All faces were stunned and seemed in blinking. I thought maybe they were considering letting me go until-

"Fuck that!" Bakuogo yelled out.

"Come on guys! I got this!" I said not knowing how to defend my case on this. They don't know that I have a bit of a background in this stuff and that I'm the best option besides the obvious two options.

"No, I'll go!" Kiri said. "I can withstand a lot of things and I'll-"

"Fuck that too!" Bakuogo shouted. There was bickering growing between everyone and my eyes turned to Todoroki. He knows I'm the best pick for this, unlike everyone else, I know a few things, not all, but a few.

"Denki's going." He said and the room went silent and all turned to him.

"Are you insane?" Uraraka said standing. "What if he goes brain dead while he's there? Then there's nothing we can do!" She said and my jaw dropped.

"The goal is to not use my quirk Uraraka! I'm not going brain dead!" I said folding my arms. "I'm not helpless either!"

"But Denki-" Jiro started but I shook my head stopping her.

"I'll be fine guys! Besides I'm just going around hoping to hear something." Everyone was still on edge but no one else was going to let anyone leave.

"Then it's settled," Todoroki said. "Denki's going to find out what we need to know." Todoroki stood and looked at me, telling me with his eyes to follow, so I did.

I followed him down the hallway and into Mina and Uraraka's room, for the most privacy we could get.

"Are you sure?"He talked low and we could faintly hear everyone else talking on the other side of the door.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I laughed.

"Because I know you want nothing to do with what you left behind and I don't want to put you back into-"

"I know, but at lest I know what to look for. If anyone else went they wouldn't know what to look for or what to avoid, I'm your best option." I said leaning on the wall. "I'll be fine!" Todoroki still seemed unhappy about this but nodded to me anyways.

I'm the logical choice.

"Alright," I said. We made our way back into room with everyone and I looked at all there wide eyes and frowns, except Blasty who looked pissed off. I sigh and move to but my shoes on.

Probably better if I leave now.

"I will see you all tomorrow-" as I reached for the handle I felt many arms fly around me and almost tip me over. All but Bakugou and Todoroki were hugging me, but when I looked at the two I knew they were mentally in the hug.

"We better see you tomorrow!" Mina said with her voice wavering. "Or so help me I-I'll tell Shinsou you died trying to see if you can catch lightning!" She said and I playfully gasped.

"Now I have to come back! Damn, I was hope for a tragic death!" I said dramatically, striking a pose as everyone let go.

"No, tragic deaths!" Jiro said. "It's not allowed!" I smiled to them and nodded, once again reaching for the handle.

"Bye guys!" I smiled and walked out the door. As I made my way out of the complex I walked the familiar street and as I walked I passed by the cafe shop. Through the window, from across the street, I could see Eri and Present Mic in the shop playing with the cats wildly. I smiled and considered stopping by, but I have a job to do right now. To keep my friends safe.

Alright Denki! Time to visit a bit of your past again.

————————————
⚠️ Sneak Peak! ⚠️

Chapter 11: I Swear, I Fell!

"I'm not saying jack shit Monoma, you like it this way don't you, a little information, not a lot. So stay out." I said looking him dead in the eyes. I felt a spark dance on my fingers and in the dark ally I knew the saw it light up.

"Whoa Kami! Kidnapping really helped you grow a pair! Before you were just a sniveling kid looking for money so you could make to the next morning. Now look at you, a big shot using his quirk! Mama must be proud, but I already know, she never will be." I knew he was baiting me, but it worked.

Oh, things are getting a bit rough!! I know what you're thinking!! WHAT THE HELL GONNA HAPPEN?!?

Well luckily for you I update every day, so find out tomorrow!!

I hope you enjoyed!

And vote on my shit!!

I'll write ya later you Assholes!!