Chapter 18- Devyn's Side

You sit on the edge of your bed. Who am I supposed to believe when they're both clearly lying. Pretty soon after, Devyn comes into your room, quietly shutting the door. 
Devyn- Brennen refused to tell me what happened, and Sam looks stressed as all hell. What's just happened?
Y/n- I just wanna know why y'all want to keep me away from him. I don't see what he's doing that bothers you so much
Devyn sighs and sits by you, looking into your eyes
Devyn- He's extremely manipulative... Every girl he's been with he manipulates the living hell out of them, making them tend to his every need.  
She's telling another story, why are all these lies so harsh on him though?
Y/n- if you guys hate him so much why are you friends with him?
Devyn- because he's an amazing friend
Y/n- so why do you let him date other girls and not me?
Devyn- Because other girls aren't our best friend.
Y/n- he can't be worse than the other ones
Devyn chews her lip, something I've known her to do when she's lying. Bold of her to assume I don't know my best friend that well. 
Devyn- doesn't mean it's right to have to go through all that pain.
Y/n- If he was doing a good enough job I wouldn't even notice and I wouldn't be going through any pain-
She looks at you with sad eyes
Devyn- Please just stop fighting us. We know him well enough to know he's not good for you 
Y/n- You really don't know that though. People can change when they find someone they truly love.
Devyn- well how would you know if he truly loved you?
Y/n- I don't. That's always the fun part, isn't it?
Devyn glares at you. She's lying, and mad that I'm pushing at the lie. She used to do this when she first got with Corey. (Small A/N: Devyn tweeted about being uncomfy about her and Corey's past relationship being everywhere. For the time being, I will continue with them in the story. However, I will try to minimize the relationship between the 2 as to respect Devyn. Hope y'all understand:) ) 
I just don't understand why they just can't tell me why they don't want me with him. What's so scary about the situation? What's so bad about him that they try so hard to keep me away?
Y/n- You guys don't sound like friends if you're going to tell someone he could potentially be in love with how shitty of a person he is.
Devyn- We're just doing it to protect you
Y/n- and I'm an adult! I don't need your protecting Devyn!
Devyn- well I'm not gonna sit here and watch you fall apart just because he isn't really in love with you! He could be doing what I'm telling you he is and trying to make you fall in love with him just because he wants the attention. When he decides he doesn't love you like that, you will start falling apart. 
Y/n- I'm starting to not trust you. If your this mean to Colby how do I know you won't talk about me this way to other people just because you don't want me to date someone? How do I know that this isn't just because you don't want me dating anybody because you just think I'm some fragile child? I've been through so much since you left to go to LA and you barely even reached out to me to make sure I was okay, so you have no place to say who I can and cannot date.
You see a bunch of mixed emotions on her face before she runs out of the room, crying. You were being honest, if she can't handle that, it's not your fault. Right?

4