Chapter 29- River "Date"

Within 24 hours our video had what Colby says is really good views. Devyn and Katrina made a big deal about it, of course. They're taking us somewhere to celebrate as a friend group for our all together success, but I don't get why. Colby's fans have a love hate relationship with me. Apparently I'm hitting on him and using him for views? I don't understand it but oh well. There were nasty comments about me and Colby says it happens to every girl, but that doesn't make me feel any better.
Colby- it's okay yn, they're just making my pay go up. That's all.

I've also noticed Colby seems kinda hungry lately, well that's what Sam tells me it is. I thought he was just really angry. Katrina says he's probably hungry too, but I don't get why he won't go find someone or something to feed on? Like I know it's wrong and I know killing people is supposed to be really bad or whatever, but he did it before me. I don't think I would have that much impact on me so in any scenario, it doesn't make any sense.
Katrina- We're here!
I look out the window to see a beautiful river with open river banks. Some sand then fades into the grass like a beach. I guess it's like a mini river beach. I step out of the vehicle and take off my shoes, walking in the sand while the boys grab all the stuff Katrina and Devyn packed. It seems like forever since I've been outside by the beach. Even living in Florida I stayed close to home or in town. I look around for Colby to find him and Sam talking in the distance.
Yn- is every okay with them?
Kat- umm..  Sam does seem a bit frustrated but it's alright. Probably just about YouTube fees or something. Cheer up! We're here to celebrate and if those 2 fun sponges don't join it's on them
I wonder what they're hiding from me. I mean I guess I have no right to question but at the same time I'm confused. I haven't seen anyone new around and Colby's gotten somehow paler than usual. Katrina grabs my arm gently as she pulls me to the water and we start walking in the wet sand, away from the boys, meanwhile Devyn and Corey are setting up a fire in the sand.
Katrina- I have to say. I wasn't being the best cousin while you were in Florida. I should have visited more often or at least checked in. I'm sorry
Yn- no don't apologize. I get it, you have a fun, busy life here. Things are nicer. You don't have to worry about me
Kat- well I still do. I know you think this place is the perfect life, but your wrong
Yn-are you trying to tell me to stay away from Colby again?
Kat- well... Not exactly. I'm just a little worried. He's been spending so much time with you lately he hasn't been eating. I don't know if those two things are connected at all, but I figured I'd tell you. Just be careful, okay?
Yn- okay okay I'll be careful. What is it about that actually? Why did he stop feeding since I've been around?
Before Katrina could answer, Colby popped up infront of us.
Colby- I thought we lost you guys! Is everything okay? You girls seem upset
Kat- no there's not-
Yn- why'd you stop feeding?
And in a flash we were all back by the campfire. I was furious
Yn- you can't just do that!
Colby- you shouldn't ask about that stuff then. And I can, so I will
Yn- exactly. So tell me the truth
Sam- kid, just back off for a while. He's not exactly in the best mood right now
Yn-why?
They all just watched me so I huffed in frustration. Why can't they just tell me anything?!
Colby-look at that beautiful sunset. As we're all sitting by the fire. It's nice, isn't it?
And to everyone's shock, he pulls me against his shoulder and smiles gently.
Colby-what? I can't just watch you guys be madly in love without having this one by my side.
They all casted me a worried glance before shrugging it off and moving on. The rest of the night we just talked about useless things until the stars were out and the sun was too far down to show us it's beautiful orange rays.