Chapter 22- What Are You?

Colby's POV

I carefully set her down on the grass, looking at her pale skin. I didn't kill her, and I have no intention to do so. She's not like the others. She's special. Caring. Fights for what she wants. And she's oh, so, stubborn. Stubbornness can get you in 2 positions in my world. Either you intrigue me and I take slight or great mercy on you, or you piss me off and the damage will be done. She just so happened to take the first role. Only one girl has done that. She still would up dead. Not even the living dead, I snapped her neck like a piece of chocolate.  That's why Devyn and Katrina insisted they keep me away. Doesn't help that I told Sam to never let me fall in love. After I had murdered the one I fell in love with before, I begged him to keep me away from love. He learned to accept me and the consequences of being friends with me. Always and I mean always watch me around people. It's almost funny, he listens to me like a puppet sometimes. I wouldn't like to think my best friend is scared of me, however. We promised long ago to never hurt each other. That's a promise I swore to never break. But ever since he got a girlfriend, Katrina, I've been more lonely. Granted I love Katrina, I just hate seeing them cuddle 24 fucking 7. They have an invisible handcuff keeping them together. I've never gotten that feeling before. I never want to keep people by my side. I never feel the "Oh I just want them by my side every day because they make me so happy" bullshit. I make myself happy. Blood, booze, and bitches. The 3 B's. That all was until now. Oh, darling, why must you do me like this. Why do I have to crave you every second? I watch her as I sit by the nearest tree with a sigh. Time to tell her the truth. Time to tell her what I really am. 

Y/n's POV (1st person)

I woke up on the cold ground. I know this isn't my bed to I try to remain still and calm until I can collect my memories and my surroundings. Twitching my fingers a little, I feel the grass beneath me. I think back to the last thing I remember, that being arguing with the roommates. 
Colby- I know your awake, darling. 
I jump slightly at his voice. Since I know it's a familiar one I bolt straight up, making eye contact with him. A smirk tugs on his lips as he sits up
Colby- we need to talk. 
y/n- Clearly. 
Colby gets up and sits me against a tree and it is then I realize my body feels like it can't move
Colby- temporary paralyzation. It's common for someone who was knocked out the way you were
I look at him curiously
Colby- you'll know with time. Don't worry. Now, I know you have a lot of questions, surrounding me specifically. 
Y/n- well duh
Colby- Ask away
I know to not ask the main question right away, so I decide to fade into it
Y/n- do you do what they said you do?
Colby- In a way, Jake was the only right one. I do harm people's souls.
Y/n- did you really tell Sam to stop you from falling in love?
Colby- yeah, yeah I did.
Y/n- can you just tell me why they want me away from you? 
Colby- I think it's time for just that.