Chapter 35 - A Desperate Decision

This is an extreme trigger warning to those sensitive to the after affects of suicide. I advice caution to those reading this chapter.

Sam- COLBY!!
Colby- I have to! I have no other choice!! She'll never make it if I don't-
Katrina- do it. Colby, do it.
Colby quickly leans down and latches onto her neck. He pours his venom into her blood stream, pushing her chest repeatedly to speed up the process
Devyn- sh-she might have lost too much blood. I'm scared
Devyn cries as Katrina pulls her closer. Colby sits back and keeps doing compressions, feeling the first tear fall down his face since his last girlfriend.
Colby- no. I can't do this. You can't leave us. You just got here. You have so much ahead, no, no, no.. FUCK! I can't fucking do it, it didn't work, it always works.
Colby pushes things off of the table, lifting her onto it, trying on the other side of her neck. Corey pulls the girls into the other room against their protests, and Sam stands to the side crying silently, worried.
Colby- It's not fucking working!
Colby starts throwing things around, finally breaking down and giving up
Colby- it's not working.. it didn't work Sam.. I can't believe my god damn comments, my stupid YouTube. For fuck sakes, what did she ever do? All she wanted was love.
Sam, with tears blurring his vision, feels for her pulse. Just barely there. If Colby couldn't fix her, nothing could. They'd brought her home after Brennan called from the beach, upset that he was the only one who bothered to check there. It was the same spot they'd sat in celebration, and it then became the spot they sat in pain. Brennan drove her home, staying in his car because he couldn't take the sight. Sam had begun covering her wrists, Colby fallen in the corner with slashed skin from the glasses he'd broken. He'd started chugging whiskey, the one human substance that vampires could still feel if drank like blood, and once he finished it he'd crushed the bottle in his own hands. Sam pushed air into her lungs, desperate not to give up. Colby's venom was a strong one, it wasn't possible to lose her like this. Colby was now screaming, running back and forth in the house continuing to break things. Corey had ended up locking the girls with him in a room upstairs. Right as Sam had finally fallen to the ground in his own grief, there was a sudden gasp that seemed to ripple through the air...