Chapter 11

I spent the night at Pete's again last night after the party. Colson slept on the couch because he was too high out of his mind to drive home. The party was fun considering I only knew two people there. I spent most of the night with Pete while he introduced me to people or with Colson making sure he didn't jump out one of the windows or whatever other stupid things he'd possibly do.

When I woke up Pete was still laying in bed next to me and he looked so peaceful I didn't wanna wake him so I just layed in the bed with him until he finally woke up.

"Goodmorning beautiful" he said as he kissed my forehead.

"Goodmorning sleepyhead" I say laughing and getting up to walk to the bathroom.

"I'm gonna go make breakfast" Pete says as I get to the bathroom.

After I walked out of the bathroom I walked through the bedroom and through the living room, and I noticed Colson had already left. Then I walked into the kitchen where Pete was standing facing the stove so he couldn't see me. I made my way over to stand behind him and wrap my arms around his waist to hug him.

"Hey cutie, you hungry?" he asks, smiling.

"Starving."

I helped Pete finish fixing breakfast and then we put the food on plates and sat down at the table to eat.

"So, you got any plans today?" he asks.

"Hm, nope I don't think I do."

"You mean we have the whole day to do whatever we want, just the two of us?" Pete says dramatically like I just told a five year old we're going to disney world.

"I suppose we do, yeah." I say, laughing.

"Hm, well Emily what should we do with all of this time we have?" he asked, sarcastically.

"I don't know Pete, what do you wanna do?" I say, still giggling.

"I'm sure we can find something to do." he says and then winks at me as he stands up and leans across the table to kiss my forehead.

We both clean the dishes and put everything away and Pete keeps hip bumping me and walking up to stand right behind me while I put the dishes in the cabinet so I can't go anywhere.

"So, yesterday Leila asked me something and it got me thinking" I say after finishing putting everything away.

"Oh yeah? What'd she ask you?" he says, leaning on the table behind him.

"Well...she asked me if you were my boyfriend, and I said I wasn't sure because we haven't really talked about it." I say, leaning on the counter in front of Pete.

"Well, would you want me to be your boyfriend?"

"I think that answer is pretty obvious considering I'm the one who brought it up, but the more important question is would you want that?" I ask, looking at the floor nervously.